PDA

View Full Version : Carb Blocker Pills???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shortiepie
Sun, Aug-17-03, 15:22
Does anyone here use Carb blocking pills? If so are they safe? And do they work? It seems as though every magazine I read latley has an article about them and I am curious if they work. :wiggle:

DesertDogs
Sun, Aug-17-03, 15:41
Good question shortiepie! I too know of people using starch blockers and swear by them, so I will look forward to comments you receive. By the way, how is Maryland doing? I was raised in "Balllllllmur" (Baltimore, for those who don't know we never lose the accent!) but left many eons ago, and my last trip back was in 1992! I miss the Chesapeake crabs! Take Care!

Atriana
Sun, Aug-17-03, 16:50
I tried some the other day. These were phase 2 starch blockers made by Natrol. I took a couple and had some rice. No gastrointestinal upset. Didn't get the temporary raise in scale weight due to the extra water retention. I am not presently at ketosis level, so I can't say for sure how well they worked.

IceChic
Sun, Aug-17-03, 16:55
I'm curious too. How expensive are they and where do you go to get them. They sound too good to be true.

Atriana
Sun, Aug-17-03, 17:09
Under $15 at WalMart.

Atriana
Sun, Aug-17-03, 17:11
BTW, the natrol site said that 2 pills taken before the meal will block 35-50 grams of carb. So, they are not a free pass to eat carbs. Plus - they only work on starches (potato, rice, pasta, bread). They have no effect on the carbs from fruit or sugars.