PDA

View Full Version : Australia gal saying hi...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KrystineAU
Sat, Aug-16-03, 19:17
Hello, G'day, how are you all?

Just wanting to say Hi from Brisbane, Australia. I'm Krystine and new to this board. Wanting to make friends and weightloss support group/buddies.

Contact me whenever on msn or yahoo, I go online most days.

I live with my husband and two toddlers, a boy, Elijah, and a girl Natalia. My mother in law also lives with us.

We are expat New Zealanders, from the North Island, where we have some beautiful land (33 acres) waiting for us to cultivate. So, we don't intend on staying in Australia for too long. Just long enough to make enough money to go home and build our dream house.

This low carb dieting is great, however I find that there is a lot of controversy out there, about what to eat and what not to eat. Some are saying "don't eat saturated fats" and others are saying " don't eat trans fats or diet products" what is a confused gal to do??

Well, I'm on the bandwagon now, and feeling great about losing weight. It's been a long time coming, and a relief to know it's actually working - albeit ever so slowly.

Cheers
Krystine. :yay:

Rosebud
Sat, Aug-16-03, 19:47
G'day Krystine, welcome to another Antipodean!

I can't really call you an Aussie, seeing you are an expat Enzeder. (Trying not to think about the Bledisloe Cup. ;) )
I find that there is a lot of controversy out there, about what to eat and what not to eat. Some are saying "don't eat saturated fats" and others are saying " don't eat trans fats or diet products" what is a confused gal to do??
The thing about the saturated fats is that people know that research shows they are bad, for many reasons. BUT, all of that research includes people also eating starches and sugars, so... Research is now showing more and more that low carb dieters who eat sat. fats are lowering cholesterol, except their HDL (the "good" cholesterol) which is being raised. HDL is actually protective against heart disease. Who'd have thought butter, meat fat and chicken skin would actually help their cholesterol? :D

Have you visited our Aussie/NZ subforum yet, Krystine? If you haven't already, you'll find some local help there. :)

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose: