PDA

View Full Version : Headaches!!?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JACQUIE UK
Sat, Aug-16-03, 06:10
Hi everyone

Can some one fill me in on the subject of painkillers for a headache?

We have had some varnishing done in the house and the smell is so strong still that I have had a terrible headache all yesterday.

I kept thinking that the next cm would sort it, but no!!

So I have just had two anadin with my coffee as a cm.

Im not sure if that is ok, but I hope it is.
I thought if I counted it as a meal it would be ok.
Pleeeese tell me it is ok!
Jacquie

Zuleikaa
Sat, Aug-16-03, 08:56
Sometimes that is the best that you can do. When taken alone they can count as a meal, so it's best to take it with a cm. You made the right choice.

KittenLady
Sat, Aug-16-03, 10:21
Hi Jacquie,
I can empathize. It's best if you take painkillers with food anyway -- otherwise, it can be hard on the stomach, not to mention the kidneys and/or liver. I think it's better to deal with the pain rather than letting it go on, for 2 reasons:
1. The earlier you can handle headache pain, the sooner it will go away. Sometimes if you wait until it's time for a meal, it gets so bad that nothing you take will help you.
2. What happens when we're not feeling well? -- we sometimes/often go for comfort food! So, the binders in the aspirin or anacin or excedrin is NOTHING compared to the carbs in an ice cream sundae.

Yesterday, I was completely incapacitated by a classic migraine. By the time I could eat again, I had taken 2 doses of migraine meds. You have to take care of yourself. I was then comfortable enough to eat a bowl of soup. I didn't lose weight yesterday, but I'm feeling well enough now to enjoy my weekend.

Feel better. :there:

Saweetie
Sat, Aug-16-03, 10:45
Had a killing headache yesterday...thought it was hunger related but the CM lunch didn't fix it...had to take an Aleve....felt much better and carried on with my day...

In the past I would have kept eating and eating some sugary foods or something to try and eleviate the pain..

I wish you all a pain-free day!