PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jeanneblue
Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:50
I've never done ANY online message board stuff before, so I'm not sure how this works, but I'm feeling good about having a place to chat with others doing the low-carb thing. I LOVE it. I never thought I could live without potatos, pasta, and bread but I don't even crave those things. I've been on Atkins now for just over 4 months and lost 20 lb. I have yet to add much exercise due to some osteoarthritis in my knees. In the past (prior to the last 2 years) I was an avid exerciser. I'm hoping that with weight loss, the strain on my knees will decrease and I'll be able to add exercise. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has a similar challenge and how you've handled it.

Iowagirl
Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:19
Welcome Jeanneblue!

Check out the exercise thread..I'm sure you will find some helpful information on non-jarring exercises there.

Good luck to you and congrats on your success so far!

Atriana
Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:43
Hi and welcome to the forum. Start a journal, it is a great way to track your progress. Plus, you will meet other forum members that way. Congratulations on those 20 pounds, you are off to a great start!

jeanneblue
Thu, Aug-14-03, 12:00
Wow! Tips and support so quickly! Thanks! I looked at the exercise thread but didn't see anything specific to non-impact workout. In Portland we have an exercise chain specific to women called "Curves." It's circuit weight training in 30 minute intervals. I'm gonna give that a try as it looks do-able and fun, plus it's just down the street from my job so I could get the workout done prior to access to my couch! lol.

Iowagirl
Thu, Aug-14-03, 12:03
Lots of talk about Curves. I've heard good things about it. You may also want to start a new thread and ask about low impact excercise.

bizzybop
Thu, Aug-14-03, 13:26
Hi Jeanne, I 'm in Wisconsin and we have Curves here too, have been there to try it out, it's fun. I prefer walking. I too am heavy and the strain is on my joints. The Dr.s want to tell me its rheumatoid, I'm too young for that..I think its just fat. So, I don't push myself terribly far, I figure the little I do is better than nothing. And the point is just to get moving. So good luck!
biz