PDA

View Full Version : First time low carbing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

moodyblu52
Wed, Aug-13-03, 18:31
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce nyself to the forum. I've just started Atkins and so far I am doing fine. A couple of years ago I had a heart attack and tried to do what the docs told me, low fat, no smoking, no drinking and exercise. Well all was fine for a while but soon the weight I'd lost came back and I still had cravings for Alcohol and cigerettes. The low fat aproach just did not work. after a few days on Atkins, most of my craving have disapeared and just like he said, I'm beginning to have more energy. Now if only I can tackle this smoking thing..................Anyway good luck to all and I hope to get to know a few of you through this forum.

Sign me,
Tim

Emmaleth
Wed, Aug-13-03, 18:54
Dear Tim!
Welcome to the group!! You are on the right track. You will find lots of support and helpful tips here.
Keep it up!
Emma

Lori H
Wed, Aug-13-03, 19:00
Hi Tim and welcome. I wish I had found this diet years ago. It might have saved me a whole lot of failures because this is something I can commit to for life. That is really the secret to losing weight and keeping it off...changing your lifestyle. I always did the "hurry up and lose weight so I can go back to eating" thing. Atkins is the only thing I have found that I'm not starving on so it is doable. Good luck to you and I really hope this helps your health problems. Good to have you here!

moodyblu52
Thu, Aug-14-03, 09:45
Hi all,
I wish to thank Emmaleth and Lori H for the nice welcome. Like you I think this is something I can really stick to. I can't imagine anything being simpler and easier
at least as far as planning out the diet goes. I had so many bad things about it but then I thought I'd find out for myself. I really can't imagine this diet being "unhealthy' as long as one follows the guide lines and eats those 3 cups of salad greens every day! Thank you!!!

Tim