PDA

View Full Version : Update....blood sugar was checked by a finger stick this morning

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SheriLynnC
Wed, Aug-13-03, 09:35
We have a place in our local mall that is run by our hospital and a RN is always there. I went in this morning after not eating for 4 hours and my blood sugar was 83. So, I am happy that diabetes probably isn't the reason for the recurrent yeast infections but now I am really worried about what it could be. I am now assuming that my yeast problems maybe stem from my last pregnancy when I was on antibiotics almost every month for recurring UTI's. I am about to go crazy with worry...I jut can't figure out why this yeast won't go away!! I still have my doctor appt for Friday afternoon and I will not leave there til I get some answers. I am still planning to start Atkins as soon as I leave his office because from what I read from you all lowcarb might be my way to rid myself of this yeast infection for good. I would start today but I am not sure if my doctor will want to redo the blood sugar levels or what. Thanks so much to all of you for your wonderful advice. I am so glad to have found a place to share my concerns. Oh, one more thing...can having a blood sugar of 83 this morning still happen if indeed I was diabetic? I can tell you that this morning before I went (4 hours before) I had cheese toast and a glass of sprite for breakfast. See I eat nothing but carbs and sugars!!!! But I wanted to eat like I normally do so the test would be as accurate as possible.

plum
Wed, Aug-13-03, 10:49
stop worrying this minute, SheriLynn

Candida is a B*****. It really brings you down... so do understand :bhug:

Youve got the triggers I reckon. Pregnancy . Antibiotics. Thats it.those are the classic triggers.

If you ever have to have antibiotics again, eat live yogurt as well. This replaces your " good bugs" :)

Pregnancy and antibiotic use just causes an imbalance that lets the " thrush" or candida get the upper hand. IT WILL GO AWAY. Its just a pain to go through it.

I was lucky -- only ever had it with antibiotic and the wrong soap. :lol: if youre soap sensitive it only takes one wash to set you off. Let me reassure you that candida feeds off carbs. The toast and such.... and when you start LC that will help tremendously

If you are on the pill, that may be a consideration ( mimics pregnancy)
Remember the self help stuff - cotton etc, if you go swimming regularly, watch out for the nylon.

Read Atkins section on diet and candida - but Im hoping you wont even have to go to those lengths.

sorry cant help with the bloods (blush) I only understand SI units. If your doc is worried he'll do fasting bloods. Also urinalysis.

I did a google search on Candida + pregnancy, candida + antibiotics and turned up 1000000 pages :)
http://pages.prodigy.net/naturedoctor/antibiotics.html
thats a start :)
but dont get information overload - just be reassured that theres a light at the end of the tunnel and Low Carb is going to be a great present to yourself :)