PDA

View Full Version : Another Day, Another Carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nemesis
Mon, Aug-11-03, 19:28
Hello all,

I've tried to do Atkins sooooo many times I can't count. I do well for the beginning, then I just seem to fall apart. I had a lousy weekend - beer and bread. Today it started off great. I had my 2 egg omlette with cheddar cheese and bacon. For lunch I had a chef salad. Then after golf I had beef and broccoli, BUT I also had 6 crab rangoons and one egg roll. I'm such the loser, it's so pathetic.

Lori H
Mon, Aug-11-03, 19:46
Hey...we don't allow name calling around here, especially if it's yourself you're talking about! :lol: Let me just say that induction is hard. It's all about detoxing your system of carbs, sugar, etc. That being said, if you can manage to do a clean induction (and hey, we are only talking about 2 weeks here, not forever) you will be amazed at how much those cravings will lessen if not disappear altogether. The main thing is don't give up! If I can do it there is hope for the world and that is a fact. Honestly, try doing a "by the book" induction and see what you think then. Good luck! :thup:

nemesis
Mon, Aug-11-03, 20:34
Thanks for the support. I am finding the hardest part is that it's summer and I have lots of cookouts. The food part is fine, but I love the budlight!!!

Lori H
Mon, Aug-11-03, 20:38
I hear you! We all have some kind of stumbling block to contend with!