PDA

View Full Version : oopps.... forgot to introduce myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jdfrye
Sun, Aug-10-03, 20:19
I've been posting in the newbie question forum and should have started here.
About myself:
I'm new to dieting altogether. Never once did I watch what I ate. I've been skin and bones since I was 30. Now ~ 37 I'm showing a gut & handles. I have a wife that doesn't belive in this LC thing but is cooking & supporting me either way. When I put my mind to something i do it. Like Drugs,Cigarettes I stopped cold turkey. And for this diet I stopped drinking alcohol. That is why wife is supporting my Atkins maybe in a small way. But mostly that she is wonderful and loves me. Never thought that I would find a wife that cooks for me. Atkins is stunning my family since I have lost 11lbs in a week. I'm glad its comming off quick ..that much more encouraging. But I would still be doing it if I lost 5lbs...but no less..J/K!!

Lori H
Sun, Aug-10-03, 20:37
Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your weight loss! That is just terrific. Don't get discouraged if it starts to come off slower...not saying that it will, mind you, but sometimes it slows down some after the first week or so. It will still come off though! My hubby has lost 50 lbs. in 9 weeks. Of course he had more to lose than you do. That is great that your wife is willing to cook you lc meals. I find that people that don't believe in low carbing at first are usually persueded by results and you sure have good ones! Good luck.

tina-mich
Sun, Aug-10-03, 21:03
Jd I love your picture I bet your alot of fun. Great job on you weight loss 11lbs that's super. You are very lucky that you have a supportive wife and also one that will cook LC for you. Keep up the good work you don't have much to lose but I respect that you are attacking it now before it get's out of hand . Best of luck to you!! Tina