PDA

View Full Version : Preparation is Key!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mischab
Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:01
One thing that I have learned since I started on Atkins is that you have to prepare most of your lunches in advance if you work long hours! I do a lot of main dishes on Sundays and freeze some of them. I can just grab a main dish and make a quick salad in the morning to go along with it. I used to be a fast food fanatic - so this has been a big change! I'm excited about sharing ideas, recipes, enthusiasm and results with all of the forum members! I'm happy to be a part of this group! :yay:

kidee
Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:34
hi Mischab,

i SOOO agree with preparation. i don't always prepare ahead but it certainly makes life easier if i do. Yesterday i boiled about 2 dozen eggs, made a bunch of crispy cheese "crackers", baked some bacon and made a TON of meatballs. That should hold me and my niece, who is LC'ing also, for a few days.

This forum is so GREAT! :dazzle:

Mischab
Sun, Aug-10-03, 14:47
I would like to know about crispy cheese crackers! Could you send a recipe? I feel like I'm stuck in a rut with the same old recipes! I have one for breakfast for you - as a trade! :agree: I use a muffin tin. Fry up some bacon - and just befor it's done, put it around the muffin insert (I do 12 at a time). Drop in an egg and cover the egg with cheese (and I suppose you can add anything that you like on top - like mushrooms, green onions, etc...). Put it in the oven at 350 for about 15 - 20 minutes until you like the consistancy of the egg and the stuff on top! It's easy and you can put them in a baggie until you get to work, for breakfast or a snack!

harleydee
Sun, Aug-10-03, 16:17
Hey Mischab and welcome!

Preparation is definitely the key to success with this program. However, even when you are not prepared, you can get fast food.

The days when I don't pack a lunch or am too tired to cook when I get home I go to a fast food place and order double cheeseburgers (no ketchup) with extra lettuce. It's true that preparation is the key to this WOE, but those fast food places do come in handy!

Good luck!

kidee
Sun, Aug-10-03, 18:42
i think a lot of people make these differently and if you search you can probably find several.

i take whatever flavor of cheese you like and cut them in little squares, about 1" by 1" and about 1/2" thick. i spray a cookie sheet with Pam and bake them about 10 minutes at 350. i put them a couple inches apart on the cookie sheet. Sometimes i sprinkle different spices on them before i bake them, like cayenne pepper, curry or garlic powder. When they spread out and almost start to brown, take them out. It might work to put them on that new Release aluminum foil.

It seems as if white cheeses melt and spread out more quickly than yellow cheeses but i use both.