PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CarbsBeGon
Sun, Aug-10-03, 11:12
I'm just getting started here, using the Atkins plan. First, I just have to say what a great site this is! I plan to check-in daily as much as possible.

I was inspired to go low carb by a copule friends who experienced great weight-loss success with Atkins and I've read most of the "New Diet Revolution" book.

I'm a realistic person, so I know this isn't going to be easy, but I'm really looking forward to the days, weeks and months ahead. It looks like this forum will be a great place to get information and inspiration and I look forward to getting to know everyone. :roll:

maryb55
Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:47
Welcome CarbsBeGon!

You are in for some great things, that will happen realitively fast. I've been on for three weeks, already feel so much better, and 10 pounds gone. Some days are tuffer than others, but stick to it and keep an eye our your goals. maryb55

sheas31
Sun, Aug-10-03, 15:18
It's nice to be able to talk to other people about the low carb life style without getting eye rolls!!

harleydee
Sun, Aug-10-03, 15:36
Hello and Welcome!!!

This is a great place for info, advice and support!

Good Luck!!

ladybug026
Sun, Aug-10-03, 15:41
Hi everyone! I am also new. I have been on Atkins for 2 weeks and 3 days and still on induction. I cannot seem to stop reading all of these posts. There are so many interesting things to read and learn about here. I find myself spending hours here and the time flies by so fast.

I really appreciate everyone who takes the time to answer pertinent questions that everyone has here! What great support!

Thanks and I hope everyone here finds happiness not only in your weightloss and body changes but in your every day lives!

CarbsBeGon
Tue, Aug-12-03, 10:19
Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I'm on Day 2 and feeling a little light-headed/slight headache. I suppose that's normal when your body is adjusting to not having tons of carbs?

ladybug026
Wed, Aug-13-03, 21:03
hey carbsbegone,
It is totally normal to have those aches and pains for a few days. This is a little over 2 weeks for me and I feel so much better than those first few days. I pretty much just laid on my couch and swallowed headach medicine every couple of hours for the first few days. But, I am glad I suffered through those aches. I am feeling so much better and you will notice in a few days or so how much you really don't want those carbs. Your body is just trying to rid itself of all those toxic carbs, so just hang in there and eventually it will get better. Also, make sure you are eating enough and don't go more than 6 hours without eating and drink, lots and lots of water.

I am glad your here and stick with it!

Ladybug

CarbsBeGon
Wed, Aug-13-03, 23:49
Good to hear the headaches, etc. are normal, thanks Ladybug. Actually since lunch today I've been feeling a lot better - headache is gone and my energy is improving. Amazing how your body comes to expect/demand those carbs!

ladybug026
Fri, Aug-15-03, 12:43
carbsbegone,

It is so good to see that you are feeling better. Keep up the good work!

CarbsBeGon
Sat, Aug-16-03, 11:54
Thanks Ladybug. :) Today I feel really good - no side effects whatsoever - ready to take on the world (or at least the laundry)... :roll: