PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mossling
Sat, Aug-09-03, 14:37
I'm new to communicating on these boards, but I've been lurking for a little while. It's exciting to realize that there are others out there who are serious about LCing and understand the ups and downs! I've tried to LC in the past without permanent success (hey--it's tough making two different dinners 'cause the family can't/won't give up certain foods; and even more tough shopping when you need to get bread for them and can't for you). This time I'm determined to make it! And if I could quit smoking after 20+ years, I can do this!

The toughest part for me might turn out to be Fridays at school--people bring "treats" on a rotating basis (and we all know what that means!) That's what happens when you teach at a middle school; that Friday companionship is REALLY NEEDED! I'll just have to not eat!

tina-mich
Sat, Aug-09-03, 14:50
Welcome to the forum. Everyone here has been very helpful. I also quit smoking years ago but I've found that losing weight is alot harder because you still have to buy food and it seems that almost everything is associated around food. Good luck Tina

grannycraf
Sat, Aug-09-03, 16:02
Hello and Welcome!

Good for you for making the right choices for your health! Instead of not eating treats someone else prepares, check out the recipe section here and bring a treat in that you can eat-be sure to bring enough to share. You might just start a new trend!

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you. (I was also a lurker for quite a while before I got up the nerve to join and I am very glad I did!)