PDA

View Full Version : heeeeeeeeelllllooooooo..newbie here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tsalinas75
Fri, Aug-08-03, 15:55
Hi all...I am new to this board, but not new to lowcarbing. I am back on this woe once again. I lost all my weight except for the last 10 pounds when I got pregnant again..lol. Now it has been a year after my sons birth and I am ready to get rid of this pregnancy fat that I have been lugging around. When I came home from the hospital..I was right at 200 pounds. I had never weighed that much in my life..I really plumped up during the time I was pregnant...I guess I was thinking..Now is the time to eat all the carbs I want..and I am eating for two right..lol..not. I was not really well with the thought of lcing while I was nursing..so I didnt..I did weight watchers instead..haha..what a joke. That just made me want to eat more. So...A while back, I got back on low carbing..and when I started I was at 190. I am now at 173 and my goal weight is to be at 130. I know I can do this...I know that there will be easy days, and hard hard hard days...and thats why I am so glad to have found this board for the really hard days. My husband has left for a six month deployment...he is an officer in the Navy, and I would like to be at goal or close to it when he gets back. Thats about 5 1/2 months away...fitday says I have to lose about 1.7 pounds a week to get to that goal..I dont know if I will be able to do that. I know some weeks I lose 4 pounds..some I lose 1..some I lose none, and some I gain 1...but thats my goal...I am also doing pilates 4 times a week..and that makes me feel really really great...if there is anyone out there that would like to write back..I would totally dig it...Tamara =)

Fat
Fri, Aug-08-03, 17:09
Hello Tamara...Welcome to the forum...Yes I love this place...It is my second home. Great people here to talk to all the time. Never a dull moment.

I gained the same way with my last child, started out at 110..then I just blew up. Ate the same way, thought now I can eat. Got soooo uncomfortable. I slowly lost all but 17 lbs....Then I moved to MO and got fat staying with mother-in-law. Her motto was if you don't eat the food you do not like my cooking. Had to have a sit down meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner. I ended up at my 169 after getting used to having all that food and after moving out of her home, kept on eating the same way.
I lose about a lb a week.
You are doing really great you know that right? Just look at your stats. Best of everything to you...And by the way love the pic of you...is that you?

tsalinas75
Fri, Aug-08-03, 17:29
My mother in law cooks some really really really awesome food...I love hate when we go visit her or when she comes down here...its so hard to not eat what she makes...she makes the BEST Tamalies..haha..too bad they are not lowcarb..yes..that pic is of me....I love the pic you have up..so so stinkin cute...Tamara

Fat
Fri, Aug-08-03, 18:38
Tamalies are one of my...used to be one of my favorit foods. Thank you for thinking I am stinkin cute....LOL
GA to CA huh... I went from CA to MO.... What a difference in everything here. When I first came out here to MO...and I read a newspaper...the front page showed a boy on his bike early morning sunrise in the back ground. That was the news for the front page. I just lost it. I guess my Aunt thought I was out of my mind. What a kick that was. They still have a back page with all the small town gossip in it. So and so went to so and so's house for dinner. What they had for desert. Who came out of the hospital, what people did for the weekend. It still makes me LOL...Everyone knows everyone here. In CA no one wanted to know anyone. If you wave they wonder what you want. Out here everyone waves as they go by in their cars. Any way out here in the sticks. Very friendly here and I like it. CA depending on where you live...they shoot you for just about anything. My brother came out here to live because it got so bad in Ontario CA. I hope you move to a good neighborhood.

tsalinas75
Fri, Aug-08-03, 19:07
I am from the south, born and raised....lived here in FL for 19 years...moved to San Diego and lived there for almost 6 years....moved to New Jersey for about 2 years, and now in Ga for a year...and moving next year back to San Diego...it does have its good areas and bad..but we will be in a great area....Thank God!!! =) Tamara

Fat
Fri, Aug-08-03, 21:15
Glad to hear that.