PDA

View Full Version : Procrastinator from Ohio

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

senimoni
Fri, Aug-08-03, 04:21
Hello All!!

I've been debating this Atkins thing for a few weeks in my head. I've read the book, been online, all that good stuff. NOW IF I COULD JUST START.

I'm somewhat hesitant just because I KNOW I am a CARB addict and I have to give up my favs like Coca Cola (at least 3-4 a day), french fries, and krispy kreme donuts or maybe a cinnamon bun. Did I mention I love Macaroni and Cheese :-)

Another reason/EXCUSE is I've tried atkins before a few years back and lasted all of a day b/c of the headaches and I had the shakes, but I'm hoping this time around it will be better. I def need more fat in my food then before.

I've read in various places that they were certain supplements that you could take to help ease the withdrawel symptoms, is that true?

Anyway , wish me look, I plan to cook up some stuff this weekend and plan out my week.

senimoni
Fri, Aug-08-03, 04:21
Oh, almost forgot, I am 27 from Columbus, OH.

Kerryjane
Fri, Aug-08-03, 04:28
Hello and good luck!
I've been on atkins for (well this is day 8) and the cravings have stopped!
I thought i was addicted to things like sweets, pasta and bread and coke, but i've stuck to it and to be honest dont really miss those things now which is a amazing!
If i can give up those things...anyone can and it does get easier!
My tips are if you feel tempted come on here and read other peoples sucess storys it reminds you what your doing it for!
Sugar free jelly also helps alot!!

Fat
Fri, Aug-08-03, 19:06
Howdy Senimoni, nice to have your post. Very honest too.
You will do fine. Trust me and eveyone here that you will not have that bad of a time on induction. It will be over before you know it. Headaches are nothing compared to being over weight...right? Think thin..think healthy....

Emmaleth
Fri, Aug-08-03, 19:35
Dear senimoni!
Welcome to the group! I am a new member too and I know what you are talking about when you mentioned headache and cravings....Boy, was it hard first couple of days!!! But somehow your cravings and withdrawal symptoms will deminish with time. I felt miserable for 3 or 4 days and now, after 4 weeks, I don't even want a cake or fries. Of course you will have weak moments, but results of this WOE will outweigh the instant gratification of eating sweats and pastries.
I've also noticed that taking coral calcium with cod liver oil 3 times a day helps to calm cravings down.
Good luck and I know you'll do great!

Emma

Fat
Fri, Aug-08-03, 21:18
Emmaleth does the Cod Liver Oil help you with BM

senimoni
Fri, Aug-08-03, 21:28
Thanks for all the well wishes!! I'm excited, I'm sure I will adjust if I just make the plunge. I plan to start on Monday........the Official Start My Diet Day... haha

Emmaleth
Fri, Aug-08-03, 21:59
Emmaleth does the Cod Liver Oil help you with BM

It probably does - I don't have problems in that area so far. I know for sure that cod liver oil improved my vission. I started taking it with coral calcium because I heard you absorb more of it when taken with cod liver oil in liquid form.