PDA

View Full Version : Confused About Carb Counting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KittenLady
Tue, Aug-05-03, 12:49
I've noticed in the Cheat Sheet that I'm still going to be counting carbs? I am now confused, because in CALP-- as far as I understand (and remember!) -- the CMs are also by "eyeball," 1/2 protein and 1/2 craving-reducing carbs, or mostly protein.

If I am supposed to count carbs at CMs, is it total carbs or the Atkins' style "net carbs" (fiber subtracted out)?

Or am I just confused? :confused: Or dazed and confused? :roll:

I am so programmed to using fitday.com, I'm having problems "letting go."

Jalera2003
Tue, Aug-05-03, 14:17
You do not have to count carb. Those numbers are given by Zule as a guidline for former Adkinsers who wanted to know the approximate carbs allowed. I have never counted carbs. But if you choose to do so it's total carbs not net carbs.

KittenLady
Tue, Aug-05-03, 15:56
Thanks, Jalera. I'm into loosening up a little and not weighing/measuring every little thing, so I'm glad to hear this. I'll just go by eyeballing it, and keeping to the lists. So far, I'm feeling much better on CALP than Atkins (I'm not even hungry!), so here's hoping for good results! :D

BeccaResRN
Mon, Aug-11-03, 03:47
The only thing I really watch are condiments like dressing and steak sauce and I try to keep those extra carbs to 4 per CM

As long as the vegies are on the cm list you should be fine.

lowco
Wed, Aug-13-03, 18:51
its 2 grams per serving of condiments= when choosing them
4 grams per cm veggie serving.....not 4 grams per meal........ie if the food is over 4 grams per serving it may cause cravings for cadders.

veggie guideline if you need to have one:
2 cups raw veggies
1 cup cooked
or a mixture of both
In the book i've read that restricting fat or reducing the amount of food at cm's helps combat a plateau or aid weight loss.

kokle
Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:17
I don't count carbs. I've eaten more than 1 cup of cooked LC veggies at at meal too.

lowco
Thu, Aug-14-03, 17:21
sorry it's 2 cups cooked veggies just read it in the book....2 cups salad also.....or a mix of each