PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Signey
Mon, Aug-04-03, 14:34
Hello,
I am new to the CAD/Calp Forum. I have been posting since May of this year in the Triple Digit Forum. I started out with Atkins and moved on to Protein Power and am now trying out CAD/CALP again. I lost about thirty pounds two years ago using this plan but wigged out with the daily weighing. It just became too frustrating and obsessive. I retain more water then most people and so the daily weigh became a source of anxiety for me. This time I will limit myself to once a month as I have been doing with the other L.C. plans I've been using. I've come back to this WOE because I like the variety and the ability to have dinner with friends and not feel left out or uncomfortable. I'm also looking forward to our state fair and being able to enjoy the foods that are sold there. Cad/CALP was probably the easiet WOE that I ever used and I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do for me.
Thanks!
Signey

Zuleikaa
Mon, Aug-04-03, 17:09
Signey
Welcome to the ranks of the CADers. There's a lot of information and support here. Control your CMs and the rest will follow. You should be able to enjoy the fair with no problem. It will just take planning and strategy. Scope out the foods you want so you can have them during your RM without having to go from one end of the fair and back.

Signey
Mon, Aug-04-03, 18:32
Already thinking along those lines. :) I'm thinking that my husband and I can share multiple items and make a meal with them. You are right about going from one end of the fair to the other. I might have to design a "midway meal" and an "agricultural end meal" :lol: That's o.k. the fair runs for eleven days so I've got time to taste it all.
Thanks Zule!
Signey

Tess M
Tue, Aug-05-03, 01:20
Hi Signey and welcome! Just wanted to say--have fun at the fair, and eat something really good for the rest of us (my personal favorite is funnel cake!) :cool:

Signey
Tue, Aug-05-03, 02:11
Thank Tess!
Hmmm funnel cake is wonderful!
Signey