PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Chicken Salad

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

granola
Mon, Aug-04-03, 13:34
Hi everybody! I'm new here, but have found the information on this website very valuable, ESPECIALLY the recipes! I wanted to add a very very yummy chicken salad recipe.

Ingredients:
cooked diced chicken
mayo
poultry seasoning
sunflower seeds
salt and pepper to taste (if my sunflower seeds are salted, I only add pepper)

Mix all ingredients together. I am the type of person who rarely measures, so I'm sorry I can't be more accurate in my list of ingredients. Usually, for a single serving, I just cook a few frozen chicken tenders, dice them, and add enough mayo to coat the chicken nicely when it's mixed (approx. 3-4 tablespoons). Then I mix in about a teaspoon (maybe less) of poultry seasoning. Finally, I mix in about 1/4 cup (maybe less) of sunflower seeds and a little salt and/or pepper. The result is a fantastic chicken salad that can be eaten alone or is very very yummy on some cheese "crackers" made in the microwave. I'm not sure what the carb count is, but as you can tell from the ingredients, it's very low, probably 2-3 carbs per serving. Enjoy!

jerppt
Tue, Aug-12-03, 18:55
Hi Granola,
Thanks for this recipe -It looks really good and I love chicken salad!!

I wonder how this would taste stuffed into celery pieces ??
I want some now!!!

janegrace
Wed, Aug-13-03, 10:11
Two great new ideas in one recipe -- thanks! :yay:
Never tried poultry seasoning except when making stuffing ( STUFFING??? feh feh, anathema, get thee back, Devil!, no stuffing in my life anymore!!!) So I'm going to try it right away in my next chicken or turkey salad. Sounds wonderful.
Sunflower seeds also sound like a great addition. Love them. Carb counter says they are about 8 carbs per 3.5 oz (100 Gm) for the oil-roasted, and 12 carbs for dry roasted -- guess you know what kind I'll buy. Don't know how 3.5 oz will stack up in a measuring cup, but plan to check very soon!
Many thanks for great ideas!!!!