PDA

View Full Version : A nice alternative to mashed potato

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LisaUK
Sun, Aug-03-03, 04:52
I tried this the other night and am now addicted.

Steam some broccoli until very tender
Mash well along with about an ounce of cream cheese and a few tbs grated strong cheddar.
Salt and pepper to taste

That's it!

I added some butter because it was a bit thick. I really loved it. I used a hand potato masher though I imagine pulsing in a food propcessor would work too.

Funkennuts
Mon, Aug-04-03, 08:28
i tried the same thing, only with cauliflower, and i think i'm addicted as well. i add some bacon pieces into it and it made it taste incredible. the taste does actually resemble mashed potatoes which is pretty weird. peace out

Jello2
Mon, Jun-30-08, 14:05
This sounds really interesting. Is the cream cheese a must? (I Hate Cream Cheese) for texture?

Baerdric
Mon, Jun-30-08, 14:49
There are lots of ways to do this, usually called Fauxtato, many of which do not require cream cheese. I just use cream and butter, black pepper and lots of mashing.

Jello2
Mon, Jun-30-08, 17:07
Right On !! Thanks Baerdric :)

perfectfit
Fri, Oct-24-08, 23:35
There are lots of ways to do this, usually called Fauxtato, many of which do not require cream cheese. I just use cream and butter, black pepper and lots of mashing.

I skip the cream and use cream cheese and butter, black pepper and some minced garlic and onion.