PDA

View Full Version : carb blocking pills and beer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JOHNSON
Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:46
hey
its the weekend, and my boys and i always go out drinkin.

Point is..... im probably going to end up drinkin beer tonight, and i just wanted to know a few things.

1. where can i find nutritional facts for different beers?? i checked the anheuser busch site with no luck.

2. what is the beer with the lowest carbs (im a college kid so im into busch light and crappy cheap brrrs like that)

3. do those carb blocker pills work on beer???? or are the carbs in beer the wrong kind of carbs??????

thanks a lot

lisagirl
Sat, Aug-02-03, 11:09
Micholob Ultra has one or 2 grams I think, so if you keep it to a moderate 1-2 you should be alright (just make them last) Just do not over-do and "DO" lessen your carbs for the day I suppose if you must have the Beer. OR you Can choose not to do the same as your friends and drink beer "because they are".. it can be rather humorous to be an on-looker on party night and really just as much fun!!

JOHNSON
Mon, Aug-04-03, 09:03
thanks - tht night i rocked the bombay sapphire on the rocks... think ill be drinkin spirits for a while.

mbavazi
Mon, Aug-04-03, 09:16
Try milller lite it has 3 carb

kamaah
Sat, Aug-13-05, 21:16
I had been taking carb blocker pills for months thinking that they blocked sugar carbs only to find that they don't. Carb blockers work by inhibiting the conversion of starches into sugar. Sugars themselves, however, are not affected by carb blocking pills.

carabajalk
Wed, Sep-07-05, 09:36
Hey there I work at a night club and the only one I can say that has a good taste but is low carb is aspen edge and it has 2.6 carbs hope that helps!