PDA

View Full Version : whats the point

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Alexxa
Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:45
does anyone ever ponder the existence of life?

i will probly spend the rest of my life depriving myself of foods i love in order to get married and a good job and not be critizied.
on the other hand i could eat all the foods i love and as much as i wanted, then i'd be obese never have another boyfriend, no friends, a shit job and be criticized (lets face it everything is about how you look in todays society)
i will spend the rest of my life struggling to get through uni, get a good job finding the right man, and be in dept from a car or a house.
why is life so hard? sometimes i wish i didn't have to do this, i find it really difficult to even talk to people they look at me and think i'm some bimbo/bitch just because of how i look. this really frustrates me and i just want to give up.
i hate the way i look and everyone always stares at me, this isn't a subconcious fear, people really do always stare at me and i hate going out i hate people looking at me and judging me.
does anyone else have this problem?

Fat
Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:55
Hi Alexxa, you sound really down on yourself. Give yourself a break. You should love yourself no matter what others think of you. You must be trying to change or you would not be here LCing right? We don't care what others think of us. If they cannot see the love and good inside you, then I feel sorry for them. My life came with Jesus. He is the reason I exist. Well you did ask right?
One good thing about being on this forum is you are not alone with your problems. Everyone is having some difficult part in their lives that need repaired. You can vent your feelings and feel free.
Here is a big ......((((((((HUG)))))))

skeeweeaka
Sat, Aug-02-03, 14:17
:) Alexxa, I feel the same sometimes... I felt like that today, but have been taking 5HTP and feel a little better now... Try to do something to distract the moods... I get on here...although I should be doing something else... It helps sometimes... just to vent... I'm a manic depressant and have been trying to deal with it for the past 4 years with no success.... Been on every drug out there... Yes, life is extremely hard...but you have to find peace in yourself... You have to be happy with you before you can think of being with someone else... Try to focus on what you want for you....set some goals and try to work toward them for you.... It seems to be helping me to have some small accomplishment each day...focus on the good...turn lemons into lemonade as the saying goes...

Hope you feel better... :)

Alexxa
Sat, Aug-02-03, 20:07
thanks for your advice, i posted that thred last night when i was really upset, as i just had an uncontroalble tuna binge and i was really dissapointed in myself. i hope i didn't upset anyone, i shouldn't have written such a downer post.

Fat
Sat, Aug-02-03, 20:22
It is ok Alexxa, we all have a bad day. Tuna has no carbs. Should'nt hurt you any.

skeeweeaka
Sun, Aug-03-03, 15:50
Hey Alexxa...that's quite alright...I have them too... I hope your are feeling much better...I am.... I have been doing my research on the foods that fight depression, those that are rich in Tryptophan and Omega 3's... If anyoen is interested you can go to this site and select the Nutrient you are interested in and it will give you a list of foods you should eat to supply your body with those nutrients...

http://whfoods.org

It has truly helped me out a lot!!! Not sure if it's the 5HTP, walnuts, or salmon but something is certainly changing...hope it isn't just temporary...

Good luck all...have a terrific day!!!

RamonaC
Tue, Aug-05-03, 19:55
I know how you feel. Just know that you are not alone in the way you think. There are alot of people with the same problems. Being here helps. Keep posting.

Tue, Aug-05-03, 20:01
Alexxa

Just wanted to give you this :there: