PDA

View Full Version : Atkins to CAD

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JACQUIE UK
Wed, Jul-30-03, 03:38
I am going to switch to CaD on Monday, but am a bit worried about the innitial weight gain
Has anyone done the switch, but started CAD with one cm and one rm only. If so, did you still gain in the beginning?
Just trying to get it right from day one!
:angel: Thanks
Jacquie

BeccaResRN
Wed, Jul-30-03, 04:54
Hello i switched from Atkins to Cad and went up 2 pounds that persisted for only 2-3 days then they were gone taking someothers with them. I only eat 1 Cm and 1 Rm when i do CAD except on rare ocassions...I'm not sure if this however with prevent any weight gain at all initally...maybe reduce it??

Good Luck

JACQUIE UK
Wed, Jul-30-03, 08:42
Thanks for your reply
2-3 lbs doesnt sound too bad!
I'm definately starting on Monday, just trying to work up to it.
I know I'm going to feel so guilty about the reward meal.
But I guess I just have to try and see what happens.
Thanks again
Jacquie

Saccharine
Fri, Aug-01-03, 13:32
im also switching to CAD, for a few weeks at least to see how it goes. i also am trying the one Rm and one Cm. the weight gain- is it mostly water?

Shannonp
Fri, Aug-01-03, 13:42
JACQUIE UK,
I was coming here to ask the exact same question! Im switching as well - I feel the same way about the RM, Im going to feel so guilty!!!

potatofree
Fri, Aug-01-03, 17:56
I'm thinking about switching, since I'm really struggling on Atkins, but two things worry me. I just KNOW I'll have trouble not snacking between meals(maybe that's a sign I SHOULD switch!) ..and the GUILT.lol
I think I'll just lurk here for a while and absorb the ambiance.....

seminoles1
Fri, Aug-01-03, 18:43
Hey-I just switched over from Atkins to CAD last week. I initially lost 6 pounds on Atkins during induction but my weight didn't budge for the next 3 months! I have LOST two pounds since starting CAD last week. :yay: Hopefully, the weight loss will continue. I have been eating 2 CM, 1 CS, and 1 RM and sometimes less depending on my activity level. I love the RM, and being able to have a beer every once in a while is nice too! Good luck everyone!

Shannonp
Fri, Aug-01-03, 19:58
I know this would be totally opinion - but Seminoles1, why do you think the Atkins seemingly stopped working and the CAD kickstarted you?

ps - I used to live in FL :)

JACQUIE UK
Sat, Aug-02-03, 03:23
Well Ive now started CAD.
I had a huge rm last night (check my journal if you dont believe me) and I have not put anything on, which I really think is amazing for me as I always seem to put it on easily - years of yo yo dieting I suppose.
Tonight I am going to try to be more sensible and see what happens.
Good luck everyone

Zuleikaa
Sat, Aug-02-03, 07:45
For those interested in why they stall on Atkins but lose on CAD/CALP with all their carbs read the CAD/CALP overview thread here in the CAD/CALP forum.

Jalera2003
Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:33
I'm thinking about switching, since I'm really struggling on Atkins, but two things worry me. I just KNOW I'll have trouble not snacking between meals(maybe that's a sign I SHOULD switch!) ..and the GUILT.lol
I think I'll just lurk here for a while and absorb the ambiance.....

Actually you will be surprised how your appetite decreases after a few days on CAD/CALP. Once your insulin levels are under control snacking will be a thing of the past!

seminoles1
Sat, Aug-02-03, 19:12
ShannonP-I'm not sure why I stalled on Atkins, but I was disappointed. I tried to readjust the types of food I was taking in, i.e. not eating bars or cheese, etc., eating more, eating less, but I did not lose any more weight or inches even with exercising 3-4 times per week. I have a friend who lost 35 pounds on Atkins last year but doesn't work out at all! I definitely think the LC woe is for me, I just have to find the right plan.

I lost 6 pounds on Atkins, and regained 3 before I started CAD. I've already lost 2 of those pounds, so within the next 3-4 weeks I'll be able to tell if this plan is going to work for me. I can tell you one thing, I ate more LC snacks on Atkins and that may be why I stalled.

KittenLady
Tue, Aug-05-03, 12:14
Wow, it looks like a lot of Atkins refugees here -- I feel right at home. I did Atkins for 5 weeks, lost 4 lbs, and felt awful. :( I'm only on Day 2 of CALP, but already my blood sugar is behaving and I didn't wake up starving.

Jalera2003
Tue, Aug-05-03, 14:15
We do have an amazing amount of "Adkins refugees" here. I was at another board (name withheld) and there were very few CAD/CALPers over there and the Adkiners kinda looked down at us. This group is not like that at all...so friendly here.

KittenLady
Tue, Aug-05-03, 16:58
Hi Jalera,
I think I visited that board this weekend and tried a post -- Yikes! :O That's how I searched until I found this forum -- this is just great! :D

seminoles1
Tue, Aug-05-03, 20:33
hey kittenlady and jalera:

Welcome! Let's keep in touch..I'd be interested to know if CALP/CAD is working for you. This week has been going great for me. I've had virtually no cravings. That's incredible since it is my TOM. My weight has stabilized too (I usually gain about 3-4 pounds), so that's a good sign. I'll keep you posted. Have a good week everyone!

BeccaResRN
Mon, Aug-11-03, 03:44
Seminoles...why don't you start a journal so we can all come vist you and see how things are going with CAD

I really love CAD too!!!