PDA

View Full Version : this turtle finally got moving!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jers52
Mon, Jul-28-03, 16:45
I did 5 days of a modified fat fast last week - Tuesday --> Sat. counting carbs (as I have been) with fitday. Well, (drumroll please) I managed to lose 5# - and then still eating well with much less hunger than I had had - dropped another this morning. I am surely into a "better, deeper ketosis" at this point. :yay: Maybe I am metamorphising from a turtle into... a frog - changing by leaps and bounds? No, really just wanted to share my joy!

Jan

aneredac
Wed, Jul-30-03, 07:51
Congratulations! :yay:

I am happy for you
REna

Atriana
Wed, Jul-30-03, 08:01
Congratulations!

meflowerg
Sat, Oct-04-03, 17:23
YEAH!!! MAybe one week I will try that!!!!

I am so proud of you. I am losing about 1 pound a week, but it is so frustrating to see others lose so fast, SO Ia m happy that one of us turtles are starting to catch that hare!

meflowerg
Sun, Oct-05-03, 11:22
My body just doesn't want to lose weight!!!! :cry:

I will start drinking green tea...but doesn't that have caffiene?

On the bright side, I ran (jogged) 2 miles this morning.

Other than that, my weight seems like it will be with me forever.

So far, I have been counting my carbs and eating lots of the foods I am supposed to. My daily intake of carbs have been less that 15 everyday.

But I didn't lose weight. Then I was told to increase my fibber to 25-30 grams a day. OK I did that with still maintaining 15 carbs. I still didn't lose weight!

Then I was told to count calories!!!! :cry:

OK I have added that to the list!!! I am now counting carbs (15 a day) , fiber (25-30g a day), and cal (1500 a day), and I still have not lost but 2-3 pounds in 3 weeks. In fact I have gained a pound that I lost earlier!

OK so, now I need to add one more thing to my list --- sodium!

Geez, even if I haven't lost weight, I have become a math wizard!!!!

Marlaine
Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:27
Sounds like you are having a similiar beginning to the one that I had. Persistance pays off, so don't give up!! I think sometimes it just takes time for our bodies to adjust to the new way of eating but once they do, the weight will begin to come off. Keep on keeping on!!

Marlaine