PDA

View Full Version : What's your stance on chrome?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ChloeL
Fri, Jul-25-03, 13:29
Hi!

I’ve been recently diagnosed with PCOS and after my doctor and I went through the initial phase of ‘let’s try and give her more hormones to see if that works’ I decided for myself that I do definitely want to get my body back in shape without the use of additional hormones.

I’m trying to do this by low carbing, working out even more and also looked into the possibility of taking supplements. I read somewhere (I’ve read so much about this issue I seriously have no clue where I did) that chrome is suppose to support weight loss.
Researching a little about chrome in general does support this view.

However, I would love to get some feedback from fellow-PCOSers. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it safe to take, even over a longer period of time?
I inquired with my local pharmacy and besides them not knowing anything about PCOS (duh!), they only listed chrome in connection with vitamin E. Have you heard about that before?

Thanks for your time!