PDA

View Full Version : Atkins Products At RM?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tess M
Fri, Jul-25-03, 12:29
Just wondering--do any of you include Atkin's products (specifically Bake Lite) at your RM? When I have bread, I've been using the lowest carb bread that I can find (Nature's Own Reduced Carb/High Fiber 7g carbs per slice), and keeping with the healthiest complex carbs that I can think of, but wondering about the sweets.. I've been having a tiny bowl of Special K/red berries with fat free milk, or a small bowl of a/s oatmeal as my "goody" each night... And of course, I'm counting that in the 1/3 carb part of the meal.. I'm just so afraid that the cravings are going to come back if I let go and have simple sugars.. Looking for ways to include some real treats, without letting go completely and having a scoop of ice cream, etc.. Does anyone have any advice for me? Or am I just looking at the RM treat in the wrong way?

Zuleikaa
Fri, Jul-25-03, 19:11
Rebecca uses lc products at her RM and she reached goal. Some people feel they have more control over carbs and RM by staying away from the simple carbs. Also by including lc products they can enjoy treats and still keep within bounds.

Tess M
Sat, Jul-26-03, 04:43
Thanks so much.. It makes sense to me, but I thought I would run it by some of the more experienced people to make sure.. Now--I need to get creative!

kokle
Sat, Jul-26-03, 06:48
Tess,

My body lets me know if my day before was too high in carbs. I wake up ravenously hungry. If I did my RM properyly, I do not wake up hungry.

Maybe you can watch for signals like that. I would suggest you keep your cereal really high in fiber. Something like Shredded Wheat, which is a whole grain product with no sugar added is very high in fiber. One cup of Post shredded mini-wheats had 6g of fiber. It is higher in carbs than your Special K, but the special K has 1 g of fiber and 10g of sugar. Just something to think about.

tokenyanke
Sat, Jul-26-03, 17:21
I like adding the Atkins bars to my RM from time to time. I don't do it every day but maybe a couple of times a week when I'm really feeling like I want that extra "sweet" treat.