PDA

View Full Version : I need some food ideas

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Daethian
Tue, Jul-22-03, 18:07
I'm completely unimaginative when it comes to cooking. I was sort of getting in the groove withthe Atkins foods and such but now I think most of those are too high fat. I'm bored and can't think of anything I want to eat. Something I can cook on Monday and eat at work the rest of the week.

Anyone help me out with some simple but different recipes for CM?

Daethian
Tue, Jul-22-03, 18:08
crap I copied some stuff out of the book..now where are THOSE??? sheesh...

I'd still like some of yours tho :)

Vel
Wed, Jul-23-03, 04:22
I must confess... I am not much of a cook (at all- it's pretty bad when Kraft Dinner and Rice Krispie Treats are considered your "specialties" by your family, eh?). So, I tend to keep it really simple on CAD, especially for CM's. I think that works well for me though.

I tend to have eggs for breakfast most days, broken by a day from time to time with salmon or tuna. Can't get much simpler than that. Then, for lunch, I usually buy one of those deli chickens and de-bone it at the beginning of the week, then take that with salad and LC dressing to work as my lunch. Or, I will use leftover meats, such a beef or pork roast cooked in the crockpot.

Supper is my time to get creative.

I think if I was home all the time I would have to do things a little differently, but this is working well for me now. It keeps food in it's proper place, as fuel not entertainment or excitement or anything else (except my RM, that is both entertaining and exciting :))

Sorry I don't have many ideas for you, I know there are CADettes who are amazingly creative with their CM's so maybe they will come forward.
Good luck,
Tracy

Daethian
Wed, Jul-23-03, 07:21
buying that chicken is a good idea! Probably easier than me buying a huge back of leg quarters, trying to doctor them up, heat up the house baking them and then eating them all week!

I found some tasty dips in the book that might be a change of pace!!! Ooooh I think I'll get one today LOL

See how easy I am?

Zuleikaa
Wed, Jul-23-03, 16:35
I usually cook large pots of cabbage, greens and green beans and then baked chicken or grilled meats and just eat off that all week for CMs. It keeps it simple, I don't have to think, and something is always available.

dcbrowne
Wed, Jul-23-03, 19:33
Two words-crock pot-you can cook many types of meats in flavor boasting liquids. I love to throw in a corned beef, or pork or pot roast and I have meals for several days-It makes sticking to it easier!!

angel506cl
Thu, Jul-24-03, 18:33
My favorite and most convenient lc meal choices:

lg. package bone-in chicken breasts
top with mayonnaise and paprika
bake at 350 for about 45-60 min. So good! I make enough for the week and re-warm for lunch

I also like to get hot and spicy chicken wings from a wing restaurant here. I buy them on Tues. (sale day) and buy extra for CM to come!

kokle
Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:50
I like to make stir-firies with allowed veggies mixed with some shrimp. Add some savory seasonings and it's filling and tasty.

I like make a soup of several different types of cabbages, celery, a bit of onion, whatever LC veggies that seem good. I cook that with some frozen chicken breasts or pork. When the meat is cooked, I could cut it up into chunks. I had a soup I could use as a complete CM meal or snack or whatever I needed it to be. I liked to spice it up by putting red chili peppers in a tea infuser ball and let the chili taste steep into the broth.