PDA

View Full Version : [SS] On a mission, need support!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

heebeejo
Thu, Jul-10-03, 17:46
Now I'm really mad because I typed this huge post and it got deleted!!! :mad: So this one won't be as good.

I've been cheating when going out with John, and we got to talking about how I have no will power. Well, he left for vacation yesterday, and I want to lose at least 5-10lbs. before he gets back on the 19th. So here are my rules:
1) Fallow Sommersizing as closely as possible. :nono:
2) Watch portions :rolleyes:
3) Exercise daily :yay:

I actually have a really high metabolism; I just eat enough calories to keep up with it. When I lose just a little wieght everyone can tell. Then when I exercise I lose really quick. :agree:

Critism, support, and advice are much appreciated. I really want to suprise John, and there is this really cute tube top I bought that I want to be able to weat by the end of summer. :p

diamondlil
Fri, Jul-11-03, 00:52
I don't think it's so much "no will power" as "no motivation". Face it, everyone can do pretty much anything they want if they want to badly enough. If you want to lose the extra weight badly enough, you'll make the lifestyle changes you need in order to make that happen. And heebs, if you want to wear that tube top badly enough, you WILL commit to the WOE.

I fell off the SS wagon for a week straight a little while back and frankly, I felt like crap. To get back on track, I reminded myself about how good I feel when I stick to the WOE, how happy I am when I step on the scale and the needle has moved to the left and about how much fun it is to buy clothes in a smaller size. Find your motivation, girl - You CAN do it, you know you can.

AZDean
Sat, Jul-12-03, 14:18
I don't think it's so much "no will power" as "no motivation". Face it, everyone can do pretty much anything they want if they want to badly enough.

I certainly agree with that! I knew I had to lose weight some day, but when it got down to really doing it or getting stomach surgery -- and I saw what that looked like -- I finally mustered up the will to do it.

The thing for me is that I know that if this fails, it's the operation! So, I'm not being tempted that much to cheat. Thank goodness!

Mamabeek
Fri, Jul-18-03, 14:11
It's been a week or so and John is due back tomorrow. How did you do sticking to your rules? I hope you had a good week.

MB :wave:

heebeejo
Fri, Jul-18-03, 15:44
NO. I fallowed, I walked, and I'm still above 153. I got to 153.5 one morning but I'm stuck at 154. I don't think my body likes this WOE!

Mamabeek
Sun, Jul-20-03, 21:12
Hmm... well it may also be all the exercise that's keeping you steady. Are you measuring too?

You don't have a journal, so we can't look at what you're eating and make suggestions. You can always try doing Atkins induction for a couple of weeks to kickstart your loss and then switch back to SS.

Bummer! :mad: But still, an LC WOE is better for you than one with low fat and high carbs, so hang in there!

MB :wave: