PDA

View Full Version : Plate Pizza

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

danbo
Tue, Jul-08-03, 12:37
The rest of my family loves pizza (especially the 16-year-old), and as such it probably gets delivered here about once a week. I’ve been faithful to LC since December and have always abstained from pizza, but lately I’ve found a way to engage with family “Pizza Night” and still remain faithful to LC. I call it a Plate Pizza.

On a medium-sized plate, place:

17 slices (one serving) of Hormel Pepperoni (I use the Turkey Pepperoni)
½ cup (two servings) of Kraft shredded pizza cheese (four cheeses)
4 or 5 sliced olives (I use green ones)
¼ of an Italian sausage, cooked / sliced
Italian seasoning to taste

Sometimes I add sautéed mushrooms

Microwave the above for a little over a minute, until the cheese is melted, and voila! Plate Pizza!

As prepared above (w/o the mushrooms):
Total Calories: 370
Total Fat: 27.8
Total Carbs: 3.0
Total Protein: 27.0

Check it out – experiment – let me know what changes you make; I’m interested to know.
:idea:

angelswed
Tue, Jul-08-03, 12:43
oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh that sounds so good i will have to try it, thanks for the idea!
:yay:

kidee
Tue, Jul-08-03, 18:41
That sounds WONDERFUL! :yum: Will definitely have to try that. Thanks a bunch!! :rose:

doreen T
Tue, Jul-08-03, 19:01
If you can afford a few extra carbs, most canned pizza sauces run around 2 - 3g carbs / 1g fiber for 2 Tbsp, which you could spread over the pepperoni slices.

:idea:

Doreen

suzzee2003
Sat, Jul-26-03, 20:38
I love quick and easy recipes! It sounds soooooo good! Thanks for sharing!

icefire
Sun, Jul-27-03, 02:00
If you can afford the carbs, a low carb tortilla topped with a little sauce and your choice of toppings, then baked on a cookie sheet till the cheese melts works well also.

rloveman
Sun, May-16-04, 00:29
I crisp some pepperoni slices in the microwave first, then top with a bit of sauce and shredded mozzarella and nuke for a few seconds to warm it up and melt the cheese. And then eat as if the pepperoni were chips. Yummmmm.