PDA

View Full Version : Swollen feet and fingers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ahhaba
Sun, Jul-06-03, 08:14
Hi all, I'm pretty new to this board but there's so much great info here I'm hoping someone can help.

I started suffering from swollen feet and inner knee whilst on a LF programme about 2 years or 3 ago. LCing had really helped but this time round (restarted) its taking longer to go and I'm wondering if perhaps its the hot weather that causes it. I had started to think i might suffer from fibromyalgia (sp?) but on reading this forum I realise that it cannot be so as winter time seems to be better for me, plus no pain except some burning on the tops of my feet just before I re-began this WOE (gone now but not the main pt of the swelling). I do however get neuralgic pains (I think they're that anyway ;) probly brought on by being very overweight plus age.

My question is, given these clues, would you say it sounds abit like Fibromyalgia or am I just simply retaining water?

Apologies if I'm coming across real thick but I don't know much at all really re ailments. I'm not on any medication BTW.

I've booked an appt with my doctor in a couple of weeks time. I also suffer from minor kidney probs and wonder if water retention and this has a name I could look up for more info.

Hope to hear from you

x