PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ebeejay
Thu, Jul-03-03, 09:37
Hi, I have been doing Atkins since May and have lost almost 20 lbs. I think I am metabolically resistant and seem to be loosing slowly. My husband is also doing atkins and everyone is always telling him that he is looking great, loosing weight, but no one ever mentions that I look like I have lost. It is getting a little frustrating. I went off the celexa that I was on, but I really think I need it and am considering going back on it. Also I never started feeling better, I am still tired all the time and generally not feeling well. I am taking a multivitamin but maybe I am not taking the right thing, any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA Barb

DebbieJean
Thu, Jul-03-03, 11:01
Barb,
I am new to this forum. I have been on LC diet for six weeks. Lost 23 lbs. I lost it fast at first. Then, it slowed down. I get tired too. I just try and listen to my body. When I am tired I have a few more carbs so I can have enough energy. It not your metabolism will slow down to compensate. I am on LC by myself without my husband. Not many peolple will give you compliments about your wt loss. I get that from my Husband. He has not once told me I am looking better. Hurts my feelings. But what it comes down to is that I am doing it for me. I just keep going. Try different low carb recipes for variety helps with the lows.
Don't give up. Whats important is that you know you look better.
Debbie

zuzu
Thu, Jul-03-03, 14:32
congratulations both u ladies on your weight loss.!!! :yay: since i started atkins woe i havent gotten 1 complement, but when i look in the mirror thats all i need. most people are so worried about their own lives, they don't notice things about other people. please don't be discouraged by that, i think its human nature.

aimie
Thu, Jul-03-03, 14:43
hey,
dont worry about other people. i use to work with a few that would die before they would compliment me, no matter how much i compliment thier rediculous hair do's just to be nice. people are very busy with thier own lives and just do not notice others like maybe i do. and some are just plain jealous.

as for your hubby, mine says i dont beleive him anyway. maybe thats it.
why dont you ask him what he thinks of your weight loss. mine would say im satisfied with the way you are, and of course i dont believe him.

have a great day :)