PDA

View Full Version : New

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Macksabrat
Thu, Jul-03-03, 07:26
Hello Everyone!

After having my son Kyler(16 months)I can't seem to lose a pound!He is a very active boy,So Iam running after him all day!I started the Atkins diet on Sunday and haven't cheated but for some reason I feel fatter!The one thing I did not give up was the coffee.I tried to but my head hurt so bad I couldn't take it.I weigh about 179 now and would like to be back to my normal weight 135 to 140.My main problem was not eating much all day,eating a normal dinner but then at night look out!!I would eat just about anything late night (sweets).So now I am forcing myself to eat during the day and when I get up in the middle of the night to eat, I eat the atkins choc peanut bar.Is that cheating?Will I not lose weight if I drink coffee and eat that bar at night?I have cut down on my coffee and mixed half reg. and half decaf.In the morning I eat eggs,then for lunch I have tuna mixed with salad,for dinner I have meat ,salad or another veggie(broc.or cawif.) sometimes cottage cheese,and then after about 2 hours I have sugar free jello with whipped cream.Is that ok?I also have been drinking as much water as I can but know I need to drink more.

mousechser
Thu, Jul-03-03, 07:37
I just started the Atkins diet last Thursday and the best thing that I can recommend is to go to fitday.com and enter all of the foods you eat and have the site calculate your carbs. Pick meals in the morning that are small but fill you up. I started making deviled eggs on sunday and having 2 halves every morning before work. I was never a breakfast eater. Then for lunch put some tuna salad on some romaine lettuce. Then at night, eat some chicken or steak with a nice side salad or some broccoli and cheese. I have the book and it's really helpful on what I can and can't have. I slipped up one morning and didn't even realize it. I always used to put ketchup on my sausage in the morning and now in Induction I don't have those carbs to spare. There is hope though I have lost 13 lbs so far. I'm really excited! I hope this helps a little.

Kristine
Thu, Jul-03-03, 13:22
Hi and welcome! :wave:

The coffee is probably not a big deal. That's about the only induction rule I'll ever say is okay to break. Of course, if you're a big time caffeine addict, it's still a good idea to cut back.

You have the right idea... just to refresh you on some of the induction rules:
- cream is limited to two or three *tablespoons* a day, and you're probably using that in your coffee.
- artificial sweeteners are limited to a couple of packets a day. Likewise, that's probably going into your coffee. Be sure to count the carbs in the jello and whipped cream. :(
- Atkins bars aren't on the <a href="http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html">acceptable foods list.</a> :(
- No more than 20 g of carbs per day, and they should come mainly from your veggies.
- Eat 3 cups of salad veggies, or 2 cups salad veggies plus one cup cooked veggies.

The best way to break that night time hunger is to stick to the induction rules very carefully. If you're hungry, EAT, but it's gotta be protein and fat snacks. Abstinence is the only way to break the addiction. :(

It'll be worth it! Honestly! :thup: You'll be amazed how much more free time you have when you're not eating for recreation! ;)

Keep on truckin'!