PDA

View Full Version : Midlife newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

keely99
Wed, Jul-02-03, 16:26
Hello everyone,
New to the Atkins program, and just wanted to introduce myself.
I am a single Mom of one 20 year old who just won't leave the nest! :nono: I swear my mothers' curse has come full circle.
Anyways, I am now on Day 3 of the induction and along with my friend we are both doing okay on it.
We decided to not weigh ourselves and instead take only our measurements....this was a SHOCK!! After picking ourselves up off the floor and facing reality, we are determined to succeed.
Just went out and bought some vitamins as I am starting to experience leg cramps.
I also want to mention that I am bi-polar, and taking various meds, some of which are known to add on the pounds ie: effexor.
Well that is about it, nice meeting all of you, and hopefully I will find my way around these boards.
Cheers

CAKES66
Wed, Jul-02-03, 19:53
You will find alot of support and useful advice on this board. It does get easier after induction. Remember that you are detoxing your bodies. It only gets better from here. :yay:

See ya around :wiggle:

keely99
Fri, Jul-04-03, 10:37
Ty for the WW,
They say the first week is the hardest, I am finding it exciting!!
Looking forward to seeing the OLD/new me in there.
CHeers

jeanyyy
Fri, Jul-04-03, 11:07
Welcome, Keely. You'll find that this Forum is extremely helpful - people are very supportive, there are lots of recipes to try and descriptions of new foods to spark your interest and expand your horizons! I do hope, however, that you did jot down your starting weight - just for comparison purposes down the line (NOT advocating scale obsession). Good luck to you and your friend!

queenbeear
Fri, Jul-04-03, 11:18
:daizy: Hi keely99 and welcome. You have come to the right place. There are a number of good forums to check out on this site that deal with medication and low-carb eating. These might be of additional support to you. I know one area to find this is under the category of depression, and you might also want to see what is under general health. Good luck. Queen Bee