PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cop74
Wed, Jul-02-03, 04:45
Hi Everyone. I am in the second week of the two week start-up and have lost 10 lbs already. I was at 248 lbs when I started and would like to get to 200. I look forward to getting ideas from all of you.

LC Lisa
Wed, Jul-02-03, 04:55
Welcome!

You've come to the right place! This site has so much information and support. I've learned so much (and laughed so much) just going back and reading old threads.

You're off to a great start. The weight loss in the first couple of weeks is usually good, but don't be discouraged if you have a week or two where you stay the same. We've all gone through that, but with a little patience, it passes.

A couple of things I've found to be very helpful are:
1) Starting a journal on this site (see the journal section). It helps me because if I'm a little discouraged, I can go back and see my progress.
2) Recording my daily food and goals on www.fitday.com. Check it out if you haven't already. It's free and it makes tracking your carb intake very easy. It has helped me to identify some of the "hidden carbs" I was consuming.

Best wishes as you continue this way of eating!

Lisa

cop74
Wed, Jul-02-03, 05:17
Thanks Lisa for the information. Being new to this I need all the help I can get.