PDA

View Full Version : Question about CS

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kdog
Tue, Jul-01-03, 19:12
Does it really matter when you have your snack? I prefer mine a couple of hours after my RM dinner, since this is when I'm the hungriest between meals. I'm not even hungry after a CM breakfast or CM lunch.

I'm concerned that I'm eating the CS too late at night. I usually eat my RM dinner between 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm. I've been having my CS around 9:00 pm - 10:00pm. I ususally go to bed about 11:30pm. I am getting myself in trouble here?

BTW, I'm feeling "fatter" since starting on CAD this past Sunday. Since I've committed myself to weighing myself only once a week, I won't know the results until next Monday. Anybody else feel "fatter" when initially starting on CAD.

angel506cl
Tue, Jul-01-03, 19:23
I have a comment about the weekly weigh in. I used to do that and be totally frustrated. In the book it says to weigh daily and average at the end of the week. I feel that this is REALLY important. The scales will bounce around a couple pounds during the week, but at the end you can see the loss. If I didn't do the averaging, I would have quit CAD a long time ago.

Zuleikaa
Tue, Jul-01-03, 21:28
I would be concerned with eating too late. Usually it's suggested that you have at least two hours between eating and going to bed. Also, the later you eat, the less food/calories can be burned off and will bog down your system..

Are you really hungry or is it habit? Do you need a snack at all? You are not supposed to eat if you aren't hungry. Could you have a small pure protein snack and some water?

Also, it is pretty common for people to gain a few pounds switching from Atkins to CAD. Has to do with the carbs holding on to water and the body holding on to fat to make sure you'll keep feeding it. It gones with a week.

kdog
Wed, Jul-02-03, 11:58
Thanks! I'll try moving the CS to another time of the day. And yes, I do feel true hunger a couple of hours after RM. Last night wasn't as bad though. Maybe when my body gets adjusted to the RM the hunger will go away over time.