PDA

View Full Version : Excited to change my life!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mindhi
Tue, Jul-01-03, 17:07
Hello to all!

Wow, what an awesome forum! Little intro, I am a 20 year old girl and going back to university in september. I decided to get in shape this summer, I want to lose some weigh, last summer, I was really sick and decided to turn my life around, I started exercising alot but I never really watched what I ate, I did lose some weight and I am happy about it but it is not enough, I lost about 25lbs. I am now at 230lbs on a 5'7 frame, I consider myself in a pretty good shape, I don't get tired and I swim and run alot as well. I turned myself to Atkins, after my doctor recommended it, bought a few books and I am starting the induction phase tomorrow (July 2nd).

I do have a few questions and concerns, basically, I am looking for support from others who did this life-changing commitment. My family is not too supportive, unfortunatly.

First off, I do understand you cannot eat more than 20 grams of carbs per day on induction. My problem is, I hate cooking and I am looking for breakfast ideas that I can easily make with and without eggs... I enjoy eggs but not all the time, anybody have any ideas??

I am looking forward to sharing my experience with you guys, I think this is great that there is forums like that to help everybody!

Thanks to all,

Mindhi :yay:

dcbrowne
Tue, Jul-01-03, 18:07
So Glad you found us. Look forward to hearing of your progress!! :sunny: