PDA

View Full Version : New "again" to Protein Power

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kathie w
Mon, Jun-30-03, 21:22
:rolleyes: Hi, all! Congratulations on every ounce of fat you've each lost! Keep the faith! When I saw my ex-husband last summer, I asked him how he had lost 40 pounds--he told me about Protein Power by Eades...and about glucose intolerance, etc. It sounded like me...I get sugar lows and "starve" when hungry...so I read it and tried it for ten days...lost 7 pounds right away and was so excited. On the 11th day, we got word that one of our 4 sons died suddenly from a prescribed pain medication. I forgot the diet, then school started again (we're teachers), and the pounds came right back on, plus a few. It's summer again, and I'm determined this is the plan for me...a new Curves came into our town, so I joined and started my PP plan again...in a week I've lost 4 pounds and my husband is so excited, he ordered the Pentabosol that Eades promotes in their infomercial. I'm determined to change my body shape before school starts. Realistically, I know it will take time to reach my goal weight--pasta will be my major stumbling block--but if I have a "noticeable" difference by Labor Day, I'll be on my way!!! Wish me luck.

The online carb counter is for 100 grams of food---being American, I don't have a handle on how much food 100 grams is. Any ideas?

Karen
Mon, Jun-30-03, 23:33
Welcome to the forum kathie! :) Protein Power is a great plan and I'm sure you'll enjoy your new lifestyle.
The online carb counter is for 100 grams of food---being American, I don't have a handle on how much food 100 grams is. Any ideas?
If you click the arrow to the right of where it says 100 grams, a number of different measuring options will appear. When you jave the one you want, click change.

Karen