PDA

View Full Version : [SS] ? about mixing carbo meals & protein/fats

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JennAnnP
Sun, Jun-29-03, 19:44
Hi!

I am not clear on how this works exactly. Can you have a carbo breakfast and then a protein/fat lunch and dinner or say a protein/fat breakfast and a carbo lunch and a protein dinner? or do you have to have carbo meals all day and then protein/fat meals all day??

Thanks for your time!!

Jennifer

Hiz Baby
Sun, Jun-29-03, 23:21
What the book says is, Wait at least 3 hours between meals or snacks if you are switching from a pro/fats to carbos and vice versa.

So, yes you can have carbo breakfast and then a pro/fats lunch or pro/fats breakfast and then a carbo lunch. The earlier in the day you eat your carbos, the better. That way you have more time to burn them off.

I hope this answers your question. :wave:

JennAnnP
Wed, Jul-02-03, 15:50
Thanks! I notice you have lost a lot of weight, which method worked best for you?

Jennifer

diamondlil
Mon, Jul-07-03, 21:13
Suzanne doesn't recommend eating 3 carb meals a day, that is just too much carb to burn off in a day. I think she recommends something like 4 carb meals a week, in fact.

JennAnnP
Tue, Jul-08-03, 14:52
Thanks, I'll stay away from the carbs at least in the beginning...maybe just an all fruit breakfast once in a while!