PDA

View Full Version : what is a good daily carb count to increase weight loss ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Thunderr
Fri, Jun-27-03, 23:27
Hey my name is Thunderr, I started low carbing about 2 months ago I went to a nutrionist and we discussed what I wanted to do and where I should stay I told her (mind you I was new to low carbing) that I did not wish to exceed 1500 calories daily she informed me that was equal to about 188 gms. of carbs I don't know how accurate that is but in time I decreased it to 150 then to 125 gms daily but I dont seem to be losing alot of weight so far only about 10 pounds. I exercise 3 days a week and i eat at regular intervals. I somewhat at a loss at what to do how can I adjust the carb count to provide an increased weight loss?
I would be ever so greatful for any information that would be of help to me :roll:

BeccaResRN
Sat, Jun-28-03, 00:10
Well what I sugesst is to read the link to the right of your screen which low carb plan is for me...go to the library or buy the books and read and figure out which plan suits you and your lifestyle

Each person has their own CCLL-critical carb level for losing, this is the amount of carbohydrates you can eat and still lose weight

For me my CCLL is between 30-50 maybe 60 grams of carbohydrates a day...and I probably eat more calories than 1500

I know that when I was doing Atkins I was between 20 and 30 crabs a day and about 1600-1800 calories a day..I lost really well

So basically i suggest to read a couple plans because they are the true experts and decided what is important to you in a eating plan ie:flexiblity, speed of losing, least amount of lifestyle change...

And go from there
:wave:

Thunderr
Sat, Jun-28-03, 00:35
Congratulations
anyway thanks for the advice and i think i found the right direction im goin to use 72 gms as an upper limit daily i was thinking about 50 less than what i was doing and that 72 suggested in my reading at the right of page is about that same amount thanks for the pointer!! :wave: :bhug: