PDA

View Full Version : Atkins LOWERED my Cholesterol!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mammoth
Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:46
Hiya All;
Just back from a doctor appointment:
Well...when I began Atkins my cholesterol was 185...and had been for the previous FIVE years in a row...tested every year.

NOW, tested after only 30 days on Atkins, my cholesterol is....DRUM ROLL..... 162. A DROP of 23 points! INCREDIBLE!!!

I don't remember my HDL and LDL numbers...but Doc said they were Just AWESOME!

I restarted my BP meds this morning as I was BLOWING up with water, and will lose them again in maybe 20 pounds more loss.

SO: First 30 days on ATKINS:
Lost 17 pounds
2" from Waist
2" from chest
1/2" from neck
and Lowered cholesterol 23 points to 162!

Now...to get losing again and reverse the water gain, which should ALL be gone in a day or two!

Damn...How SWEET it is!
Best to all;
Jake

lkonzelman
Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:48
Great news!!! It really works!!!

jesslive
Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:49
That is wonderful. I am going to have mine checked in July, and for once, I am actually looking forward to it.

Coriolis
Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:50
That's great Jake! It certainly gives me hope -- I see my Doc next week to get mine checked. Fingers are crossed! :)

siara28
Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:50
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is great news! It sure is hard to convince people that you know......about this diet isn't it?

Thanks for sharing that info!
Heidi

cetacean
Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:51
way to go, jake! :D

marian29
Fri, Jun-27-03, 12:44
That is absolultey fantastic! Cholesterol is my biggest problem--I can't wait to see if this WOE helps me, too.

Congrats!

Jeanne Sch
Fri, Jun-27-03, 12:48
That's WONDERFUL JAKE!!! :) :) :)

BlessedOne
Fri, Jun-27-03, 12:57
:cheer:

I too, had to go back on BP meds. But, our day is coming soon!

Shari

Sunny72178
Fri, Jun-27-03, 13:52
Great job on your lab results!!! That gives me hope for the next doctor visit...

Sunny

Brandon
Fri, Jun-27-03, 13:57
:thup: :thup:

beachgrl
Fri, Jun-27-03, 16:31
Jake,
That is way cool. I have my 19 year old son on Atkins for last 5 weeks because his Cholesterol was 295 and Triglycerides were 565. Doc put him on Triclor, and I took hom OFF. He is going for a Lipid profile in September and I am really excited for him! He has lost 22 lbs so far.

Farfreekin out man!
peace,
:cool: :wave:
rebecca

Jennifer7
Fri, Jun-27-03, 17:49
That is fantastic! Good work! You should be really proud of yourself.

RealityS
Fri, Jun-27-03, 18:09
go Ja-ke, go Ja-ke!

wah-hoo-yah!

kaia92
Fri, Jun-27-03, 18:16
so much for cheerios :lol:

Congrats! :D

queenbeear
Fri, Jun-27-03, 18:18
:daizy: Great Job! Hard to believe you did this eating all this delicious food isn't it? Keep it up. Queen Bee

anais57
Fri, Jun-27-03, 20:49
great job!!!

sending you Big hug :bhug:
-c

aznlily68
Fri, Jun-27-03, 23:45
Thats so great!!!!
Doesnt it just feel great to get all the positive things from this WOL.....wow
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Gimmpy
Sat, Jun-28-03, 00:20
:clap: That's great Jake . :clap:
I'd like to get mine checked, but I'm still too embarrassed to go and let him see how big I let myself get.

motis
Sat, Jun-28-03, 08:23
You go boy! :Party:

My BP before starting Atkins was 144/94. When I had it checked at the dentists office one week ago it was 117/77. How's THAT for an improvement. :)

The "experts" only need look to us to prove wrong all of the BP and cholesterol myths.

We rock!

~Angi~

justcindy
Sat, Jun-28-03, 09:34
Awesome news!!!!! :)
I can barely wait to tell my cardiologist HOW I lowered my cholesterol and triglycerides....haha! ;)