PDA

View Full Version : Working out and stalls

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

russojg
Thu, Jun-26-03, 15:36
I started LC'ng in March. As of the end of May I have lost about 30 lbs. In late May I also joined the fitness center at work. I am working out three days a week, 1/2 hour weights and 1/2 hour Precore cardio training. Since I have joined the fitness center, the weight loss has all but stopped. I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience? I guess I might be traiding fat for muscle, but I don't see a creat change in clothes fitting differently.

It has been a month now with no weight loss, but no gain either. I bounce up and down 2 poinds but am staying about the same weight.

I could use some advice?? Is the training related to the stall? Who long should I expect it to continue before I should start to look for other causes?? SInce I still have a lot to loose, I have tried to stay at the induction level 20 carbs. Is this too little with ne working out?

Kristine
Thu, Jun-26-03, 17:40
Hello and welcome. :wave:

Congratulations on your success so far! :thup: 30 lbs is a rapid weight loss - your body is probably redistributing its fat stores and, as you guessed, building some muscle. I would keep on doing what you're doing. The best thing for you to do would probably be to start a journal here and post your food intake, so that we can help you if there *is* something specific that could be stalling you.

As for your carb level, I wouldn't increase it unless you're unusually tired. Some people prefer more carbs when they work out, but there's no specific need for it if you're doing fine on 20 g per day. :thup:

Eventually, the muscle increase vs fat loss will balance out again and you'll notice more of a change. Keep up the good work! :thup:

russojg
Fri, Jun-27-03, 08:21
Thanks for the reply Kristine. I haven't been unusually tired, considering I do a pretty vigerous workout. I also have a long commute so it makes for a long day. The 20 Grams level hasen't seemed to be a problem. No more hunger pangs, and the food I'm eating seems to hold me quite a long time. I just don't seem to get hungry much which is a good thing, so I guess what I'm eating is doing the job. I think I'll hold off for a while before I do the journal thing. I'll go a little longer and see how things go before I think about troubleshooting.