PDA

View Full Version : Started Today!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mousechser
Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:50
I just started the diet today. I'm a little worried about variety.
I have a few questions...
How do you not get bored with eating eggs every morning etc.?Does it make a difference if you cut out carbs all together rather than staying at or under 20?
Does more exercise mean more weight loss?

I'm going to buy a scale today!

Woohoo!!!

lkonzelman
Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:55
Actually less carbs hurts your dieting.

Atkins used to be no carbs during induction but he found it didn't help losses one bit AND it hinders health.

You need the 3 cups of veggies daily. Natural vitamins AND fiber helps you flush your excess weight away.

This, like every healthy diet, is a slow process but finally you are allowed to eat whenever you are hungry and being satisfied helps this process so much.

And eggs for breakfast is really just a state of mind. Have whatever you want..... Roll up some ham and cheese w/ some mayo... have some peppers or celery cut up and filled w/ cream cheese.... have lunch early....

It becomes easy with practice and planning.

Jennifer7
Thu, Jun-26-03, 23:56
I am not a big egg fan so often I will have cauliflower with some cheez whiz melted on top or some ham or other dinner leftovers.

Jennifer7
Fri, Jun-27-03, 00:01
Also, if you scroll down a bit on the main menu there is a whole section on breakfasts. If you like cream cheese (I don't) there is a faux cream cheese thingy that a lot of people like for breakfast that is made with eggs, cream, splenda and vanilla or something. People rant and rave over it. I am sure you can find it in there.

Jennifer7
Fri, Jun-27-03, 00:04
Sorry, it is called a 'mock danish'. Just go to the breakfast section and do a search, you will find it.

It is really easy to make in the microwave.

lkonzelman
Fri, Jun-27-03, 07:24
I make the mock danish into crepes instead of the microwaved version online and then I add either Atkins syrup or a bit of SF blackberry jam.