PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

angenchris
Thu, Jun-26-03, 05:51
hi...i am very new at this. I am interested in starting a low carb diet. I am a 23 year old social worker. In the past, I lost 40 pounds by simply altering my diet (no fast food, no junk food, etc)...that was over four years ago. Through college I gained almost all of that weight back....I am currently struggling to lose it...and keep it off. For the past month, I have been working out...cardio every day and full body weight training....I think that I may have gained some muscle, but i have not lost a pound. I am currently distressed by trying to figure out exactly what my diet should be like....any suggestions for a beginner? what information is available on the net or in books?

help! :(

SDgrandma
Thu, Jun-26-03, 06:01
Read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution. And read all of it. Understanding the diet and will help you so much.

In the meantime go to atkinscenter.com. They have good info there with a list of induction foods and the Induction Rules. When there also look at the science behind the diet and the info on supplements.

Another book that I found helpful was Protein Power. It explains the science better than Atkins and has helpful info on body mass, etc.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

AmberAA1
Thu, Jun-26-03, 18:29
Hi angenchris, Welcome to the forum. I started reading here and the Atkins center like SDgrandma suggested and started with this link while waiting for my book. Click here for induction page (http://www.titanic.kn-bremen.de/induction.html) . This was a big help to me. I am so glad one of the helpful moderators gave it to me, I have been sharing it ever since. Good Luck!