PDA

View Full Version : new member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

valkyrie9
Wed, Jun-25-03, 16:15
hi. i'm new to the boards and thought i'd say hello. i've been reading through a lot of the threads and they're all pretty helpful. i'm new to low-carbing and i'm doing atkins. just started induction a week ago. so far so good but i worry i'm eating too much/too little, or the worng foods, etc. i'm still stuck in that non-fat/low-cal mentality i think.

i've been good at avoiding temptation, but i have a bbq/party this friday that is basically going to be a huge drunken bacchinale. i'm wondering if i'll even be able to eat anything there. i can't do the bunless burger; it's just too gross and messy for me. i'm wondering about the alcohol too. the rules say no alcohol on induction, so i know i shouldn't, but it can be tempting.

anyway, just wanted to say hello.

erina

Tex04
Wed, Jun-25-03, 20:39
Hi and welcome! I have not been here long either but I have picked up lots of tips and advise from reading.

Drinking is a big temptation, especially as college students. I have stayed away from it almost completely. The one night I did drink I had a vodka which is low carb. However those mixed drinks can really have sugar in em!! Diet Coke and Vanilla Vodka is one of my all time favs, so when I am going to splurge a little at least its not a full blown carb fest.

Good luck at the BBQ!

valkyrie9
Thu, Jun-26-03, 09:39
i've heard that vodka and diet coke suggestion a lot, but it just sounds gross tome for some reason...i think i solved the problem though. i bought vodka (0 carbs) and diet tonic water (0 carbs) and i'm going to add a bit of lime for vodka tonics...the only carbs will be from the lime juice. i realize i'm breaking the rules of induction a lot here, so who knows, i may just drink water all night instead...we'll see how it goes!

Battousai
Tue, Jul-01-03, 20:03
try eating lettuce with your burger! also if its too greasy try buying lean patties(less fat=less grease) We all fall off the horse but it takes will to get back on

Battousai

p.s. if you know friday will be bad day why not skip it or alert everyone ahead of time you wont be drinking ;)