PDA

View Full Version : beginning tomorrow...no, tomorrow!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lonely
Wed, Jun-25-03, 02:11
I've been beginning "tomorrow" forever! I've been on and off diets at least 75 times in the past six years. The longest I've lasted is three months; the shortest I've lasted is...ten minutes?

I still don't know if tomorrow will be the day, but I know that I have to start soon! I'm only 21 years old and five feet tall, and I weigh 150 pounds! I was always skinny - around 100 pounds - until I was sixteen years old. I always ate out of loneliness, but it only began catching up to me then.

I know it takes determination to lose weight. But, I could be SO determined one day, and then two days later, I couldn't care less - "I want nothing now other than food." I don't have any support because no one I know can relate to me. My mother has recently begun to show disgust over my weight problem and my dull attitude, which makes me feel rebellious and unwilling to help my situation. I don't know how to deal with all this anymore. I keep shying away from going places because I'm embarrassed of how much of a slob I've become; I feel like an old lady, huffing and puffing all the time; I haven't dated for a while. Help!!!!!

AngelaR
Wed, Jun-25-03, 04:00
Hi there. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting started.

I'm not sure that you will find the support you need here if you are following the herbalife plan. Herbalife is a proprietary plan that you can only follow if you sign up with them and use their products (if I recollect correctly). Proprietary plans are not part of this set of forums because of the private nature of those plans.

Have you looked around the net to find if there is a support group specifically for a herbalifer? You might have better luck with specific questions and support at a herbalife focused discussion group.

Good luck to you.

di52
Wed, Jun-25-03, 05:00
Hi - I don't even know what the herbalife plan is - can you clue me in? Anyway - if it doesn't work out for you, I highly recommend lo-carb. You're never hungry, and the health benefits are usually noticable right away.
Diane

Lonely
Wed, Jun-25-03, 05:25
I'm here because it seems like the best forum for me to express myself, not because I have specific issues with any specific plan. I really like the "community" here. Thank you for your concern.

The Herbalife plan is not really a specific diet - or rather - it's combined WITH a diet. It uses lots of herbal supplements to control cravings, to provide you with energy, to prevent depression, and give you lots of needed nutrition. Twice a day there is a meal replacement shake, and once a day a balanced meal. All three meals are accompanied by a few different supplements, depending which plan you're on; and twice a day, you take a supplement called Total Control on an empty stomach. The few days that I tried it, I lost two pounds each day, and I felt great!!! Not deprived or weak at all - I was on a high! Only at night, I have trouble sleeping, and so there I was, all alone, with nothing to do......and without eating, I really felt more alone than ever. I guess that's a large part of the problem.

By the way, when I was about to register, I read that even if I wasn't on a low-carb plan, but just not against it, I could join...am I wrong?

And one more thing: There is a program in Herbalife called Herbalife Gold, which is a low-carb version. It comes along with cleansing teas and all. I'm not on that one because I keep kosher. :o

StYL
Wed, Jun-25-03, 13:08
Nice meet you...Just don't dispare. If success stories help you at all, my mother was successful with Herbal magic...over 60lbs since November. So good luck with it. If it doesn't appeal to you after some time... I do recommend trying lo-carb if you can adapt it to Kosher. I am afraid i am not knowlegable in that. Good luck...feel free to post when you need to talk!

Lonely
Wed, Jun-25-03, 14:20
Thank you, StYl. People are so NICE here!