PDA

View Full Version : New to the board....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TtlLoCarb
Tue, Jun-24-03, 16:59
HI! I'm new to the board, but not to LC wol. I began in May 2000 with the Protein Power plan. I lost a whopping 45+ lbs in several months. I was right where I wanted to be. I began to add extra carbs (Not the good ones either! :( ) Well, as you can imagine, before I knew it, I was back full blown carb addict and feeding my habit on a regular basis. I gained back all of my weight and then some. I was miserable and really aggravated with myself. In April, I was downsized in an industry that I had been in for almost 15 yrs. I woke up one morning and said, You need to open a low carb store for all the folks following this way of eating. Well, needless to say, it has been a huge success so far.

I am back on my woe and will stay here for the long run. The cool part of gaining the weight back (if there IS a cool side) is that I am a poster child, before and after, for my customers! So anyway, after rambling on here....I'm glad to have a forum to come to share ideas, recipes, etc. with fellow LC'ers. There weren't many that I knew of when I started 3 years ago. It is awesome to see so many today! Good luck to all of you.

TtlLoCarb

AngelaR
Tue, Jun-24-03, 20:02
Welcome back. You did a great job the first time around and learned some valuable lessons. I can relate because I got sloppy and gained some back.

Happy low carbing to you. Hope you can get into the swing of things quickly and be well on your way. Good luck.