PDA

View Full Version : I'm new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wendy226
Tue, Jun-24-03, 14:08
Hey fellow LC's! I'm Wendy and I am on the Atkins plan. So far, it's ok, just having a time with side dishes and lunches!! I'm not much of a veggie person, so that makes life even harder! I miss pancakes and fries! I look forward to talking with you all soon!! :wave:

queenbeear
Tue, Jun-24-03, 14:20
:daizy: Hello Wendy. I'm sure you will be able to get the support you need on this site. There are many interesting people with a lot of experience on this program who are more than willing to share their advice/tips etc. Also, you might want to check out the recipe forum for additional food selections to help you with ideas. A couple of my quick favorites are to keep deviled eggs on hand for a fast munchie or some naked hot wings with blue cheese dressing. Keep checking back frequently. But I warn you this web site can be addicting. Queen Bee

TarHeel
Tue, Jun-24-03, 15:42
Hi Wendy. Welcome. Always happy to see another fellow tarheel join the fray. Where 'bouts are you in NC? I live in Chapel Hill.

I love cooked vegetables, always have.....as long as I can put tons of butter or mayonnaise or sour cream or dressing on them, so can't make too many empathetic suggestions on that front. I'm especially partial to the cabbage family and aspargus.

But I'm not really crazy about salads. I find it helps to load them up with lots of meats, cheese, sunflower seeds, nuts, bacon, etc.

Take care, and good luck lcing,
Kay

TarHeel
Tue, Jun-24-03, 15:45
PS: Just noticed we are the same height. I think you are allowed to have a lower goal weight though since you are almost young enough to be my granddaughter!

Kay

Wendy226
Wed, Jun-25-03, 05:26
I'm from Franklinton....near Wake Forest. We're almost neighbors! :daizy: What goal weight can I have? I didn't want to set my sights too low and disappoint myself. So far so good though. Having a smoothie right now! So much better than eggs and bacon! Good to talk to you guys, it's such a help!