PDA

View Full Version : thyroid meds synthroid and bug bites

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Brandywine
Tue, Jun-24-03, 07:59
I have a question.. would any one know what to take for bug bites while on synthroid?
I got bit on sunday on the forehead and now my whole forehead is swollen. even way down in my eyes. and have puffy eye lids.
I called the pharmacy and she said to be extremely careful on what to take.. that a DR has to order something.. I thought maybe just taking childrens benadryl.... ? any h elp on this would be appreciated.. Now Im scared to death to take anything..
I do have an appt for the Dr tomorrow for results on my thyroid blood work and re. cholesterol.
Thanks in advance
Deb

Paleoanth
Tue, Jun-24-03, 10:11
My doc doesn't seem to worried about the over the counter drugs I take. After all, it is just a replacement hormone. I think the problem is that some of the drugs have an effect with people who have hyperthroid. Some of the drugs can cause nervousness. You will see on the box not to take if you have thyroid disease. I asked my doc about that regarding Tylenol Sinus (it says that on the box) and he cleared that for me.

Why don't you just call the doc and ask.

Brandywine
Tue, Jun-24-03, 19:46
Thanks for your reply.. I guess will just wait until I see my Dr tomorrow morning.. I've just been keeping ice on it off and on all day and trying to keep busy and not think about it.. hopefully tomorrow it will feel much better.
On the advice from the pharmacist. she just said to be exremely careful with taking anything with taking synthroid.. nothing like scaring someone..
anyways.. thanks again..
Deb