PDA

View Full Version : Quick it is almost lunch!!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Trace
Mon, Jul-09-01, 10:33
CAN I HAVE CHILI? ACTUALLY CHILI, CHEESE ON A HOTDOG?? I ASKED THERE IS NO SUGAR IN IT I AM NOT SURE ABOUT TOMATO PASTE AND PICANTE THOUGH..... HELP......

Karen
Mon, Jul-09-01, 11:52
If the chili has beans in it, no. Be careful when eating out. The chili could be thickened with flour. If you're on induction, save tomato-y condiments for when your through.

Get a good carb counting book and make a list of low carb foods that you like or are most likely to eat. Then write potion sizes and carb counts beside the food. Keep a list at home on your fridge and carry one with you. It really helps you get a handle on counting carbs when you're new to this WOE.

Karen

32lbs2go
Mon, Mar-20-06, 14:10
I am on a no carb diet,,,,,,,,,what is induction,?,,,,,,,,,do they make any pre made no carb snacks out there?

klc145
Mon, Mar-20-06, 14:12
Induction is the first phase of Atkins. Your plan is listed as "no carb" Atkins is restricted carb but not "no carb."

Hope that helps! :)

Elizellen
Tue, Mar-21-06, 13:39
Do you have a carb counter book?
It will help you decide what to eat.
Most meat has little or no carbs but eggs, cheese, nuts and virtually everything else does have carbs.
What does your diet allow you to eat?
Are you following any published book's menu suggestions? If so which one, so people can advise you on which forum of the many diets supported here will be your best to ask your questions in.

32lbs2go
Tue, Mar-21-06, 20:09
I Am Eating Veggies And Meat,,,,,,,,,,,,i Have Been A Diabetic For Over 4 Years Now,,since My A1c Is Down . I Am Finally Off Insulin,,i Was Up To Four Shots A Day,,,, Now I Am Just On Avandia,,i,,just Cut Out All The Carbs....i Have Lost 7 Lbs So Far In March,,,,,,,,i Figured I Would Loose A Little More Than That Though.....but Oh, Well,,so If Anyone Have Any Secrets Please Tell........

Elizellen
Wed, Mar-22-06, 03:25
So you are eating carbs if you are eating veggies, just not carbs from processed foods perhaps?
If you can say what rules you are following then perhaps there is someone here on a similar way of eating who can advise you.
I am following Atkins so could advise you on how to adjust your menus to follow those rules, but without knowing your particular plan I hesitate to offer any advice.
You didnt say if you have a carb counter - if not how are you finding out which foods to avoid?
You say you are eating vegetables - which ones? Some vegetables have more carbs than others, so how are you choosing yours?
Are you taking supplements to add the nutrients you are not getting from your food choices?

32lbs2go
Wed, Mar-22-06, 05:58
No, I Don't Have A Carb Counter,,,,and I Guess I Am Not Completely On A No Carb Diet,,,,,but I Eat Veggies And Meat,,,,,i Choose Things That Are Below 5g,,,,,,,,i Have No Bread, Pasta,potatoes, Chips And Snacks In My Diet,,,,,,,if You Have Any Tips, Please Do Dens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks,,,,,,,,,,,susan

32lbs2go
Wed, Mar-22-06, 05:59
Please Send,,,,,,,,,,,sorry Spelling Error,,,,,,,,,

Alisonroad
Wed, Mar-22-06, 07:14
Doesn't chili have pinto beans? On South Beach, you can't do pinto beans the first couple of weeks.

32lbs2go
Wed, Mar-22-06, 10:01
How Is Everyone? I Was Wondering Dose The Chat Room Work,everytime I Go In, There Is No One In There.......do I Stink??? Lol,,,,,,anyhow I Have Had Two C-secs In The Last 4 Years. I Was Wondering If Anyone Knew Any Neat Exercises To Help Rid Of My Flab Over Hang,,,,,,i Hate It,,,i Have To Wear Hip Huggers ( Which Are Cuter Anyways) But I Hate My Stomach,,,,,,,,,

32lbs2go
Wed, Mar-22-06, 10:03
Alison,,,,,,,you Can Make Or Buy Chili With No Beans In It.....dose That Diet Your On Work???????

Alisonroad
Wed, Mar-22-06, 21:02
On south beach, you can have black beans on the first phase. I'd be careful about eating too many, however. You could load up the meat and do less beans, perhaps?
I'm not much of a chili fan, so I'm not too sure.

32lbs2go
Fri, Mar-24-06, 12:32
Help! I Cheated,,,,,,,,i Ate 3 Chips,,,,,,,,,,,,how Bad Is That..?...i Couldn't Help It,it Said Eat Me! Eat Me!

klc145
Fri, Mar-24-06, 12:45
That is not so bad....just hop back on the wagon and don't let one small thing lead to a day of binging!

32lbs2go
Fri, Mar-24-06, 17:20
The Weird Thing Is As Soon As I Ate That. I Got Sick To My Tummy,,do You Tink Those 3 Chips Will Mess Up My Weight Loss For The Week..........girl I Have Gone Crazy About Loosing This Weight..........

Elizellen
Sat, Mar-25-06, 05:56
Just take it easy, 32, even if eating those 3 chips has 'messed up' your possible weightloss what will panicking about it now do to improve the situation?
The chips are being digested now and nothing you can do can bring them back.

So now you need to not let it mess your head up and tell you to give it all up and go back to eating lots of highcarb foods.

You need to concentrate on the things you are doing right and encourage yourself to continue on your chosen eating plan.

So as others have said, just continue eating your planned menus as if you had never eaten the chips.

Can you work out the reason you allowed yourself to eat them?
Was it the people you were with, the situation, the fact you were hungry. etc?

If you can discover what triggered the slip in eating and eliminate that you will be able to stop it happening again.

So if you ate them because your best friend or child poked them in your face and begged you to eat them, you need to work out a way of not giving in to this kind of blackmail.

If it was just habit, as you were not concentrating on your food - maybe watching TV while eating - you need to fix things so you only eat when sitting at a table with a plate of food.

If it was because you were with a crowd of friends and didnt want to let people know you are 'on a diet' you need to avoid those situations until you are confident enough to refuse to eat things not on your eating plan without being embarrassed.

Get the idea? To lose weight successfully you need to make it clear to yourself that food choices are just that - a choice - and can only happen if you give yourself permission to eat something.

32lbs2go
Tue, Mar-28-06, 10:18
Hello,,,,,
I Was Just Having A Snack Attack, Nothing Major,,lol
And Watching Tv, While Eating,,,,,,,,,what Is Tv?
Girl I Stay To Busy For Tv.......it Is Just Crazy How We As People Crave Carbs,,,,,,,,,,it Is Like A Drug Or Something,,,,,,,,last Night I Had Bread For The First Time In Over A Month,,,,,,had A Sandwich With Hubby When I Got Home From Work,about 12am,,,,,,i Know That Is The Wrong Time To Eat, But Last Night Was The First Time On The Job, So Was Clueless About Where To Keep Food Ect,,so I Waited To Get Home To Get A Sand.....but Now I Know So I Can Get My Bum Together.,,,,,,,,,,well Thanks For Listening,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,susan

JaneDough
Tue, Mar-28-06, 18:12
Susan, you might do better with some kind of established eating plan, rather than just winging it. Only my opinion of course, but plans provide structure, anticipate questions, and lead to a more relaxed and productive journey. Best wishes.