PDA

View Full Version : any shorties out there?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bart
Sun, Jun-22-03, 07:30
I am the shortest one in my family, was five feet two,
now five feet one. So it's going to take a long time
for weight loss to show.
I've lost weight before several times,only to gain it
back. This time i know i'l succeed , not only to git my
weight down but to keep it off this time. Atkins for Life,
that's for me.
I've bin on this plan for two months now and the xtra
pounds are starting to come off.i'm down about 12#ds
now.

Bart :wave:

karen_1977
Sun, Jun-22-03, 12:26
Hello Bart

I am also a shortie, 4'11". My highest weight was 189.9, about 2 years agao. I tried WW, but was unsuccessful after about 2 months of losing. I was too hungry on that. Then I did my own thing, that worked for awhile and then gained it back. No I found Atkins and am very happy with it. It really does work.

Bart
Mon, Jun-23-03, 06:52
Hi Karen

Iam origionally from Pennsylvania myself. My DH was in
the Navy when we met' We moved to Ne, in1966.
But Pa. will always be my home.
Where in Pa. are you fron? I was born and raised in
a tiny little town, about 50 miles south east of Pittsburgh.

Bart :wave:

maddiemo
Mon, Jun-23-03, 09:47
Hi I'm only 5'1 so I know how you feel, it does take an age for the weight to show that you lose, and every pound you put on seems like a ton :(

Maddiemo

Iowagirl
Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:08
And I'm only 5'3". It is hard to have weight loss show. I am rather 'chesty' and therefore short waisted. You see chest then legs. Working hard to correct that.

Hey Bart - Go Hawks! :D

maddiemo
Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:19
Hi

Yes I'm 36DD and have a very short waist too, and all my weight is round my middle, they say that is the easiest place to lose it but I'm not sure about that...
:(
Maddie

Iowagirl
Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:21
They must be talking surgically. :rolleyes:

marylou
Mon, Jun-23-03, 17:06
Hi, I'm a shorty too! 4'10", and yes, an extra 20 looks like a lot more! I just started induction on Sunday 6/22. It's only been 2 days but I feel good and I'm not hungry.
Mary-Lou