PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ya'll

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Postalgirl
Sat, Jun-21-03, 20:55
It's nice to find a support group, on line. I'm trying the atkins plan along with WW. I need the physical support. It's pretty cool. I'lve lost 10 pounds in three weeks, actually 14 in a month.

I reached my all time weight limit, this year, after being hospitalized with Asthma and pnuemonia. Steriods don't help with weight loss and neither does paxil :p

But now I seem to be on the right track. I want to lose at least 30 pounds by Dec 5. My oldest son is planning on getting married. I don't want to look like I do now. The mother of the groom should be radiant.

Please help me stay motivated! :roll:

Karen
Sun, Jun-22-03, 01:14
Hi postalgirl and congratulations on your success! :)

Do you attend the WW meetings for the weigh-ins and group atmosphere?

Karen

Postalgirl
Sun, Jun-22-03, 21:48
Yes, I attend the WW meetings for the group atmosphere and weight ins. Even though I have a scale at home. The meetings help keep me accountable. Besides, I've made alot of friends and if I don't show up, they'll show up at my house in a pink WW bus and load me up. :wave:

It's nice to be there for the atmosphere and "words of wisdom" for other members. I was at a meeting when a member mentioned that she was counting ww points but going locarb and weight was dropping. Sounded good to me. So I decided to give it a try. So far I've had a weight loss every week since then.

I know it's trivial, but you get a book mark for the first five pounds, a star sticker for each additional five pounds and when you reach 10% you get a key chain. When you reach goal you get a charm to put on the key chain, and another after 6 weeks of maintenance. I cant wait to get my key chain! :cheer:

Zora
Mon, Jun-23-03, 17:22
Hello and welcome to the forum! You are doing great! I go to TOPS for the weekly weigh ins and to keep me accountable as well. Every little bit helps. Hope to see you around! :wave: