PDA

View Full Version : help with atkins diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BRQUAGRL34
Sat, Jun-21-03, 19:43
how can i start and keep it up if i have no will power :confused:

DeeX2
Sat, Jun-21-03, 21:14
Hi and welcome to the group. I may not be the best one to tell you how to stick to it, as I have fallen off the diet several times. The thing that works best for me, is to visit these boards every day. Especially when I feel myself slipping or craving something. What's your favorite snack food? If it's chips, maybe you should stock up on pork rinds or some of the Atkins chips. I've heard they are good, but I haven't tried them yet. If it's sweets, there are some great recipes on the recipe thread for them. The one I plan to make this coming week, is the sugar- free chocolate pudding and heavy whipping cream. They say if you freeze it, it taste just like a fudgesicle. Sounds like it would knock out a chocolate craving real fast. Also, if you have a scale in your house, hide it. Only weigh yourself once a week. Last time I was on the diet, I was constantly weighing myself and since our weight can change so much each day, it can be discouraging very quickly.

Do you have a picture of the skinny you? Stick it on your fridge so you can have a reminder of what you are working for every time you go get something to eat.

Drink tons of water!!!! I know I don't drink near enough, but I'm working on it. Water helps flush the fat out.

Stock up on the legal foods. If you don't have the book yet, you can find a list of the legal foods at www.Atkinscenter.com (http://www.atkinscenter.com)

Hope this helps!

Elixia
Sat, Jun-21-03, 22:38
Remove the temptations!

Clear the house of all non-allowable food, then you don't need willpower as it will be more of a hassle to go and buy the naughty stuff! Avoid any situation where you feel you might have to use the willpower until your cravings are gone and you feel strong about sticking to the pirinciples of the diet, no matter where you are - for example if you want to go out for tea, but are afraid you might eat the sugar filled dessert - don't stay for dessert, or if you really feel weak, don't go out until you feel stronger