PDA

View Full Version : How to lose the excess skin

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sybil
Fri, Jun-20-03, 03:55
This may seem silly to ask just starting the diet, but what kind of excercises work to reduce the amount of excess skin you have while you are losing weight?

Sybil

JeannieF
Fri, Jun-20-03, 04:54
I'm not a doctor (I only play one on TV), but most peoples skin is very elastic and will slowly decrease with the weight loss. Usually excess skin problems aren't a real concern unless you are losing a HUGE amount of weight (such as 100 lbs or more). It looks like you are trying to lose 36 lbs and your skin should be able to adjust to this amount of weight loss.

I've had several babies and lost more than 50 lbs 3 x now and haven't really had a problem with excess skin.

Hopefully, your skin is as elastic and will change naturally with the weight loss.

Additionally, any exercises are a good add on to the new Way of Eating just to firm up in general and reshape the body. I think your skin will follow, though.

Best of luck,

Jeannie

Sybil
Fri, Jun-20-03, 14:25
Thank you for your prompt answer. I think it will be much easier to lose this weight with the emotional support of this group! :wave: Hi everyone and thanks again.

Sybil